Sales Certification Level 2
As a business owner, ensuring that your product or service is on the market and is ready for sale is as important as the people who are selling it. The Level 2 Sales Certification is an excellent step in the right direction, as it has been designed to enhance the required sales techniques, in order to maximise profits and build your business.
This certification is great for both new sales staff and those who are in need of a refresher course.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Throughout the 19 modules included in this certification programme, you and your staff will learn a series of techniques and sales strategies, such as:
- Understanding sales psychology, focusing on buyer and seller motivation and the history of professional sales;
- How to develop sales skills, things to avoid, identifying weak spots and how to improve on them;
- Goal-setting - why it’s important and how to create a sales plan that is achievable;
- The selling process, including the steps that lead to a successful sale and the importance of this process;
- The importance of generating leads, how to find and make use of leads and cold calling;
- Sale preparation, such as how to prepare, why it’s important and how to put the sales steps into motion;
- Sales proposals and the perfect pitch, which focuses on how to write a proposal, how to deliver it and what to avoid;
- The art of negotiation;
- How to overcome objections and turn things around;
- An overview of effective closing, from knowing when it’s the right time to what to do afterwards;
- Post-sale maintenance, building the relationship with the customer, follow-up and how to gain future business;
- The role of technology in sales - what mistakes to avoid and what these tools can do, in order to improve the outcome;
- Sales management, including how to lead a sales team, dealing with problem employees and how to enhance a seller’s strengths.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
The course materials aren’t the only beneficial aspects of this programme. Some of the other advantages that you’ll see, after completion of the Level 2 Sales Certification are:
- Ease of access – it can be completed anywhere that your staff are, meaning that they don’t have to be in an office; they can complete it on the road or from the comfort of their home;
- It helps sales staff identify strengths and weaknesses and how to take advantage of opportunities, which leads to better ability of reaching sales goals and improving profits;
- The acquired skills can be applied by your staff as they learn, so, as they progress, they can put their learning into action, which almost immediately leads to improved results;
- It builds confidence and enhances employee satisfaction, which benefits everyone.
- What Sales actually is
- Understanding buyer motivation
- Understanding seller motivation
- Understanding the basic psychology of the art of selling
- The essential sales skills that everybody needs
- How you can develop those skills by yourself
- Pitfalls that you need to avoid
- The difference it is going to make to your sales record
- The importance of sales talk.
- The role of jargon.
- The key terms everybody should be aware of.
- When to use it and when not to use it.
- The origin of professional sales
- Its evolution through the times
- Its current status
- Where it could be heading
- The role having these skills will play
- The key skills you cannot do without
- How to identify your weak spots
- How to improve your skills to improve your sales
- The importance of setting goals
- How to set fair goals that will still push you
- How to create your plan to achieve
- How to deal with issues that could prevent you achieving your goals
- The importance of the selling process
- The steps of the selling process
- Understanding where things can go wrong
- The result of understanding the process
- The importance of quality prospecting and lead generation
- Basic steps to find the best leads
- What to avoid doing when prospecting
- How to take action on those leads
- The reasons why you need to prepare to sell
- What happens if you do not do this
- How to prepare yourself
- Putting the steps into action
- The importance of a good sales proposal
- Key points to include in your proposal
- The general structure to follow
- What to avoid in a sales proposal
- Preparing for your sales pitch
- How to perfectly deliver your pitch
- The pitfalls that you need to avoid
- How to improve your sales pitch and what to look out for
- The importance of influence and motivating people to buy
- How to influence and motivate without people objecting
- The key mistakes you need to avoid making
- How to turn things around to your advantage
- The key points to focus on when negotiating
- The key points to avoid when negotiating
- The concept of the 3 P's
- To know when to stop negotiating
- How objections can come about in the first place
- How to handle those objections and turn things around
- How to overcome most barriers to a sale
- Pitfalls that you need to avoid
- The importance of closing at the right time
- How to close the deal
- How to handle things that are going wrong
- What to do after you close the deal
- What is generally included in the following up procedure?
- Why aftercare is so important and what to do
- How you can develop the perfect relationship
- Key points on how to potentially develop further business
- The rules and regulations of cold calling
- How to be effective with cold calling
- How to handle objections
- How to move it from a cold call to an actual sale
- How to use sales tools and technology to your advantage
- The key sales tools to have at your disposal
- The way to use technology to make life easier
- Mistakes to avoid regarding this form of help
- The basics of a sales team
- The important characteristics you need to have
- How to run a sales team to the best of its ability
- Dealing with issues with the sales team
Who can take the Sales Certification Level 2 course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 19 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 19 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 19 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Sales Certification Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.