Whether you are just entering the workforce or you have been working as an administrative assistant or personal assistant but want to push your career to the next level, our Business Administration course can provide you with the insight, skills and knowledge you need to succeed in this busy career.
Become a top class administrative assistant or personal assistant by taking this online course which comprises 21 modules and takes approximately fifteen hours to complete.
Introduction to the Business Administration Course
This information packed course is designed for anyone who wants to push their career forward and improve their productivity.
The course covers an extensive range of topics.
During this top quality course, you will learn the importance of diary management, effective time management skills and why customer care is such as important aspect of your job description. In addition to this, you can learn the basics of petty cash handling, how to use the software you need to complete your tasks effectively and so much more.
There are no entry requirements to complete this course. You don't need any particular educational or work experience, just a desire to learn, improve your knowledge and skills, and succeed in your chosen career moving forward.
You will be able to start learning straight away. Everyone studies at different paces, which is why this course is such a good opportunity, enabling you to work full time and study in your private time. On completion you will need to complete a multiple choice test and on passing, you have the ability to download and print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
What You Will Learn
The essential modules in this course include:
- Introduction to the Course – This module teaches you about the role and the responsibilities that will be expected from you as an administrative assistant or personal assistant.
- Diary Management – In the diary management module you will learn how to effectively schedule appointments while managing dates and times. You will learn how to become creative in designing a user-friendly system.
- Business Letter Writing – This module of the Admin & PA Diploma will provide you with the tools you need to write a good business letter. You will learn how to structure the letter, along with the importance of editing.
- Composing Faxes, Memorandums and Emails – This module will teach you how to compose and send faxes, how to write memorandums and how to compose and send emails.
- Telephone Skills as a PA – You will learn how to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone in this module. You will also be given tips on how to communicate over the phone, along with mistakes that you need to avoid.
- Hotel and Travel Arrangements – During this module you will learn to identify what to look for when booking a hotel for business travel, along with things you should avoid.
- Filing Systems – You will learn how to set up a good filing system, how to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system effectively.
- Time Management Skills – This module is essential to your productivity as a PA and will teach you how to manage your time effectively and what you need to avoid when trying to complete tasks.
- Invoicing/Petty Cash – The invoicing/petty cash module will teach you how to create and send invoices and how to handle petty cash effectively.
- Customer Care – As a PA, it is essential that you understand how important customer care is to a business. You will be dealing with customers daily and you need to know what you should be avoiding and how to represent your company in a professional manner at all times.
- Customer Complaints Management – Dealing with customer complaints can be a daunting task, but this module will teach you how to handle customer complaints effectively.
- Work Planning – How to work to a schedule to achieve the best results.
- Document Presentation and Proofreading – How to present documents in a professional manner.
- Confidence Building – How to build your confidence in the working environment.
- Typing and audio skills – Improving your typing skills.
- Organise Effective Meetings – Understanding the importance of meetings and what they achieve.
- Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word – Learn the basic computer software you need to know to perform at your best on a daily basis.
- Customer communication and Reception skills – Learn the importance of effective communication and reception skills.
Benefits of the Business Administration course
This course will provide you with a host of skills and knowledge that you will be able to use on a daily basis. There are a number of benefits to completing the course:
- There are no entry requirements; you don't need any particular educational or work experience level to apply for this learning diploma.
- You can fast track your career by having the certification, knowledge and skills you need to progress in your career.
- You will learn how to be an effective administrative assistant or PA.
- You will learn how to boost your productivity with time management solutions.
- You get to study at your own pace.
- You can access the learning modules from anywhere at any time.
- Print your certificate which is recognised by industry leaders.
- The role of a personal assistant/secretary
- The difference between a personal assistant and secretary
- Associated job role and responsibilities
- Requisite skills required for the job
- Manage dates, times and schedule appointments
- How to be creative and develop a user-friendly diary system
- Use our tips and implement them into the role of a PA
- How to plan ahead successfully
- How to write a good business letter
- How a business letter should be structured and edited
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Common mistakes to avoid
- How to compose and send faxes
- How to write memorandums
- How to create and send emails
- Things to avoid when doing the above
- How to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone
- Tips on how you should communicate with people over the phone
- Mistakes that should be avoided while communicating on the telephone
- How to conduct business and represent your company over the phone
- What you should look for when booking a hotel for business travel
- Things you should avoid when making travel arrangements
- How to plan and execute a successful business trip
- The role of a PA in booking hotels and making other travel arrangements for business travel
- How to set up a good filing system
- What you should avoid when creating a filing system
- How to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system
- Why it is important to have a good system when running a successful business
- How to manage your time at work efficiently
- What to avoid when trying to get tasks done
- How to improve on your weak points
- How to identify the importance of tasks
- How to prepare and send invoices
- What you should avoid when preparing invoices
- How to handle petty cash
- Why invoicing and petty cash handling are crucial to a business
- The importance of customer care
- Your role as a PA when dealing with customers
- Things you should avoid when dealing with customer care
- How to represent your company in a professional manner
- How to handle customer complaints
- Understand and execute a proper complaints procedure
- What should be avoided when dealing with complaints
- The importance of a good complaints procedure
- How to plan your work into a schedule
- The importance of proper work planning
- Things you should avoid when planning your work
- How to structure your plans for improved efficiency
- How to present written documents
- The basics of what to include when preparing and sending documents
- How to proofread your work
- The importance of document presentation and proofreading
- How to improve your confidence at work
- How you can benefit from improved confidence
- What to expect when your confidence improves
- Signs of lack of self-confidence
- Improve your typing skills beyond a beginner level
- Tips on how to improve your touch typing
- How to effectively transcribe audio
- Mistakes and errors to avoid
- Why meetings are important and what they achieve
- How you should plan and organise a meeting
- Things to avoid
- The aspects of a successful meeting and how to execute them
- What Microsoft Outlook is
- What Microsoft Outlook can do
- How it can help you in the workplace
- Tips on how to get the most out of Microsoft Office
- How to understand the basics of Excel
- How to easily navigate Excel
- Why Excel is a useful tool for making spreadsheets
- Simple ideas for troubleshooting
- Understand the basics of PowerPoint
- How to navigate PowerPoint
- How you can benefit from using PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting guide for basic PowerPoint
- How to successfully use Microsoft Word
- How to navigate around Microsoft Word
- Tips and tricks for easy use or shortcuts
- Troubleshoot simple problems on Word
- The importance of customer communication skills
- The most important reception skills
- How to handle tasks at work efficiently
- What to avoid and how to overcome problems with customer communication
Who can take the Business Administration Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 21 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 21 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Business Administration Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.