Training for Sport
There is a multitude of benefits that comes with exercising. This is why there’s been an increased interest in getting and keeping fit over recent years, and there continues to be an upward trend in exercising. Fitness instructors, therefore, are inherently valuable and it’s important for them to have extensive knowledge on a variety of different methods and techniques. This includes training for sport.
The purpose of this course is to help to educate Fitness Instructors and Trainers on the methods in which they can help their clients train for a sport.
This includes information on how best to prepare themselves for taking up, or focusing on, a particular sport, and nutritional strategies that can benefit their athletic performance along with their overall health. There is information on various elements of physical conditioning – which is vital for an instructor to understand – including power, strength, balance, agility and flexibility along with generalised benefits for anyone thinking about taking up a sport.
What you will learn:
- The importance of goal setting, and the SMART approach
- The benefits of physical conditioning and specific focuses on strength, endurance, balance and flexibility
- To understand the importance of nutrition on sports performance, hypertrophy and weight management
- The overall benefits of training for a sport
Benefits of taking this course:
- You can help your clients to understand how to increase their physical performance
- Various exercises that focus on one or more areas of conditioning
- Knowledge that will open doors for further opportunities
- How goal setting can help an athlete to achieve their personal aims and objectives and the components of the SMART approach
- How effective time management can help an athlete and methods in which to assist clients with this
- The importance of properly warming up and cooling down, and the benefits of these on sports performance and overall health.
- The role that nutrition plays on an athlete’s performance and the importance of macronutrients – namely carbohydrates and protein
- Evidence-based recommendations and how they can be applied to individual clients to cover weight management, hypertrophy and sports performance
- The importance of hydration for an athlete, and ways to avoid dehydration during training
- The importance of physical conditioning
- A range of different fitness techniques, including exercises for cardiovascular, resistance, functional and flexibility training, which specifically target power, strength and endurance training
- To further understand the importance of physical conditioning
- A range of different fitness techniques including exercises for cardiovascular, resistance and functional training which specifically target balance, agility and flexibility
- The range of benefits that come with training for a sport
- The physical health benefits associated with training for a sport
- The mental health benefits associated with training for a sport
Who can take the Training for Sport Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Training for Sport Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.