Communication Skills Certification
It’s likely that your business relies on communication with customers on a daily basis; therefore, having employees with the right skill set, in order to clearly and effectively communicate, is crucial to the success of your organisation.
This Communication Skills Certification will give your employees all of the skills and knowledge that they need, in order to build upon and improve their existing communication skills.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The bite-sized modules of this course offer the team member a wealth of information about different types of communication style, why they are important and how to improve professional and personal communication.
Here are some examples of what they will learn:
- What high impact communication is and how to use it for maximum business success;
- A guide to understanding your own communication style and tips on how to make positive changes to it;
- How to use good communication skills in the workplace, in order to make positive impressions, create good professional relationships and make an impact across different levels of the organisation;
- The importance of first impressions and how to use communication skills, in order to facilitate good relationships and quickly and easily build rapport and trust;
- Some of the barriers to good communication and how to get around them;
- Why body language is so important, when effectively communicating, and practical guidance on how to use body language to maximum effect, in both the workplace and in personal situations;
- How to use active listening techniques, in order to develop empathy and an understanding of other people’s perspectives;
- Ways in which to deal with negative behaviours in a positive manner and quickly turn around difficult situations;
- Ways in which to elicit both positive and negative feedback and how to use feedback, for continuous improvement.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are some of the many advantages that an employee should acquire, when undertaking this course on communication skills:
- You can be confident that your team members will have the required skills and knowledge, in order to clearly and effectively communicate on behalf of your organisation;
- Employees are easily able to combine work and study, as there are no time limits to completing the course;
- The modular structure of this course allows learners to study at their own pace and continue to work whilst doing so.
- The definition and purpose of high impact communication.
- How to undertake a personal audit and understand your own communication style.
- How you can communicate to get noticed at work.
- How you can make a positive impact at all levels within an organisation.
- How to put people at ease within seconds of meeting them.
- How to quickly establish rapport.
- How to use effective opening remarks and “ice-breakers.'
- How to detect barriers to communication.
- The power of body language in high impact communication.
- How you can make use of multiple sensory channels when communicating with others.
- How you can overcome your personal insecurities and fears.
- How you can use body language to overcome the objections of others.
- How you can invoke the past, present and future to build your message via storytelling.
- How to structure a message.
- How to use metaphor in high impact communication.
- How to ask questions that make people think.
- How to elicit and respond to positive and negative feedback.
- How to deal with negative or unresponsive individuals in a constructive manner.
- How to understand another person's position.
- How to make a positive impact and elicit action from others.
Who can take the Communication Skills Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Skills Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.