For businesses with employees who are responsible for setting up and maintaining the company’s websites, this comprehensive WordPress Certification could be the ideal course in which to help them build upon their existing knowledge and learn new skills in the area.
The 30 engaging and interactive course modules provide learners with everything that they need, in order to effectively use the key functions of WordPress. What’s more, it’s easy for team members to study at their own pace and around their existing work commitments.
What’s Covered in the Course?
In this course, enrolled staff will learn about the following areas:
- The main features and functions of WordPress and handy tips on how to use the WordPress site, including using the Settings and Updates fields and creating Menus;
- Ways in which to write, publish and manage/maintain both new posts and new pages of the website, plus adding media, content and headings to them;
- How to clearly and concisely organise a website, by using categories and tags, in the best possible way for the user;
- Website themes, including how to format text, insert links and tables and manage these themes, in order to keep the website fresh and up-to-date;
- How to get the most out of the Media Centre and how images and videos can add interest to the existing content of your website;
- What widgets and plugins are and how to customise them on your website;
- Working with website permissions on a WordPress site;
- How to get the best from user contact forms and comments on the site, for an enriched user experience.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are some of the many advantages of undertaking this WordPress Certification course:
- Your business will benefit from the new skills in WordPress that your team member will gain;
- Your team member’s career progression can be accelerated, through gaining comprehensive skills relating to WordPress management and achieving the certification;
- Ongoing online support, in order to overcome any difficulties or queries that the learner may have;
- Team members have lifetime access to the course material, so they can refer back to it at any point in the future, in order to refresh their knowledge.
Who can take the WordPress Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 30 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 30 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 30 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the WordPress Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.