Includes the Following Courses
Sage 50 Certification Level 1-3
Are you looking to upgrade your payroll staff or maybe just your accounting system? The Sage 50 software is used throughout the UK and can make accounting practices within your business easier and more efficient.
This programme offers the complete training programme, from beginner level to advanced level, making this a great opportunity to advance staff in the accounts department.
Each level offers 10 modules that become more challenging and build on previous knowledge, as the course progresses.
There’s no better time to enrol or provide this training to a member of your staff.
What’s Covered in the Course?
This certification programme is broken down into three levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Each level offers so much content, which you can see below:
Level 1: Beginner
- Accounting basics and financial management using the Sage 50 software;
- Background information to and the history of Sage 50, including the advantages of adopting this software;
- The formats and features of Sage 50, such as how you can improve your accounting and financial management;
- The installation and set-up of the software, as well as how to restore back-up files, so you’ll never lose crucial data again;
- How to navigate through the Sage 50 software, including how to print reports;
- An overview of the chart of accounts, which will allow employees to grasp important terminology and create and/or modify these documents;
- Bank records and reconciliation, so you’ll always have accurate records of your accounts;
- The creation and maintenance of petty cash, supplier and customer records;
- Creating and managing sales invoices and receipts and the differences between them.
Level 2: Intermediate:
- Learn the basics of accruals and prepayments, including month end reports and setting up prepayments;
- How to set up fixed assets and calculate depreciation values, including how to use an Asset Disposal Wizard, fixing inaccuracies and the management of customer and supplier information;
- Processing purchase orders, stock control and monitoring, including how to create, amend and delete orders and how to look up past orders, while maintaining stock levels;
- How to set product pricing, build a price list and calculate customer discounts and credits;
- The complete sales order process, such as despatching an order, allocating stock and creating an audit trail.
Level 3: Advanced
- The importance of credit control and how to implement control procedures, including viewing customer history and aged balances and flagging transaction disputes;
- How to manage VAT, including returns, changing payment systems and clearing accounts;
- An overview of using foreign currencies, such as trading, conversion, dealing with foreign suppliers and/or customers, bank transfers and accessing transactions and invoices;
- Project management, including assigning costs and the management of resources, recording costs, allocating and reconciling stocks and billing customers;
- Generating project reports and creating trial balances and profit/loss statements.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are the benefits of taking the course:
- You get all 6 Sage 50 courses in one easy-to-follow package – great for beginners and those with an existing foundational knowledge;
- Staff can learn from the comfort of their home or while at the office, and the course is able to accommodate their individual learning pace;
- The content can be applied as they learn, so they don’t have to wait until all three levels have been completed, before putting their learning into practice;
- No prerequisites are required for you or your staff, in order to get started.
Sage 50 Certification Level 1
- An understanding of the purpose of accounting in business;
- A perception of the importance of international standards in accounting practices;
- The conceptual frameworks of basic accounting practices;
- Statutory bodies in the UK that monitor accounting practices and financial reporting;
- A brief history of Sage 50;
- The key differences between manual accounting systems and computerised software;
- A general overview and introduction to Sage 50;
- The advantages and significance of using Sage 50;
- How to access Sage 50 from the desktop;
- Introduction to classic and enhanced views;
- How Sage 50 helps business owners enjoy improved financial and accounting management (VAT, accounting, employee, investor, customer and supplier management);
- Enhanced features, including time management and diary integration.
Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- How to install a new company onto Sage 50;
- How to access and enter details, including business name, address, financial year, currency and VAT details;
- How to enter information regarding an existing company;
- How to restore backup files;
- What are shortcut keys and how to use them in Sage 50;
- A description of the important features of Sage 50 desktop and how to use them;
- How to find and drill down on transactions and print reports;
- Toolbars in the Report Preview and Report Selection window;
- An understanding of the common terms used in accounting;
- What is a Chart of Accounts and what are the benefits;
- How to create, copy, modify, review and print the Chart of Accounts;
- How to add and delete charts in the Chart of Accounts;
- How to enter nominal records;
- An introduction to the double-entry bookkeeping method;
- The importance of banking records in business;
- How to create, edit and delete bank records;
- What is a nominal ledger and how to use it;
- How to plan customer and supplier codes;
- How to create and enter details for customers and suppliers;
- How to delete customer and supplier records;
- How to create recurring transaction entries;
- Bank/cash/credit card payments, receipts, transfers;
- How to process recurring transaction entries;
- How to create products and view sales activity;
- How to create sales invoices in Sage 50;
- The key differences between invoices, receipts and pro forma invoices.
- How to enter relevant details in the different fields, including description, quantity and price;
- How to enter order details in an invoice or credit note;
Who can take the Sage 50 Certification Level 1-3 course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The Sage 50 Certification Level 1-3 Course consists of 1 courses:
Each course consists of between 10 and 10 individual modules.
Modules can take from 20 to 90 minutes to complete. You are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Do I have to study the courses in a certain order?No. You can study the courses in any order you choose. If you want to, you can do one module from a course and then move on to the next course.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Yes. Once you have completed all of the modules for each course there will be a multiple choice test.
The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for each test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process.
We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sage 50 Certification Level 1-3 course?We estimate that the course will take about 40 hours to complete in total.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
Can I apply for an NUS card?Yes. All New Skills Academy students can apply for an NUS card. Details of how to do so will be available in your account once your order has been processed.