Programming Level 1
Smartphones, electric cars and the internet of things are some of the major technological advancements of human civilization. Interestingly, the one thing that all these advancements have in common is that they are all built using code. If technology continues to flourish the way it has in just the last 20 years, then understanding how machines work can be a very useful tool. More than being just useful, knowing how to be a developer can not only pave the way for many professional opportunities, but it can also enhance the brain’s functionality.
Over the course of the years, many jobs have become obsolete, but the advancement of technology has been consistent. Over time, computer programming has become more and more comprehensive. Learning how to code – even if it is just the basics – will serve as a foundation to any developer’s education. Not only will it be beneficial in building coding knowledge, but also in building a portfolio of work.
This Learn to Program course will take an in-depth look at computer programming and will begin to prepare you for a career in developing.
What you will learn in this course:
- Learn about the basic structures common to all programming languages and environments
- Learn the basics of Python and how to use HTML 5 to write code
- How to develop a mobile device
- The course is made of video structures and practical lab applications
- Python is a great beginner’s language
- Learn about displaying text concepts and the separation of concerns
- The basics of styling with CSS and the more complex aspects of CSS such as learning about Box Models and layouts
- Learn about input, output, and variables
- Learn about the importance of “if’ statements – otherwise known as conditionals - and how to use them in programming and the frequency in which they are used
- Learn about functions
- Learn how to organise and structure real-life data
- Learn the benefits of using tables and how they can be used in programming
- Understand full-stack web applications
- You will get exposure to the major types of programming used today – it will teach you the fundamentals of development
- You will get to complete some real professional-level tasks
- Know how to make your CSS responsive
- Be able to identify the similarities and benefits among the different languages - this will not only improve coding skills, but will also pave the way for more professional opportunities
- Create more professional opportunities
Who can take the Programming Certification Level 1 course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Programming Certification Level 1 course?We estimate that the course will take about 20+ hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.