When it comes to losing weight or attaining fitness goals, the food you eat plays a very important role. As a fitness trainer, poor eating choices can hold your clients back from shedding weight or improving their sports performance.
Six-packs, abs and strong biceps are first made in the kitchen before they can be developed in the gym. Therefore, it’s important to familiarise yourself with the basics of healthy nutrition, so that you are able to counsel your clients in terms of non-prescriptive dietary advice.
Fitness trainers can encourage their clients to change their dietary preferences in accordance with the government dietary guidelines. You can provide general nutrition advice, to support their fitness goals.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
This course on plant-based nutrition provides the following useful information to aspiring fitness trainers:
- The science of nutrition and important macro and micronutrients
- Functions and benefits of carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Functions and benefits of vitamins and minerals
- Information and tips on healthy eating, as provided by PHE (Public Health England)
- The difference between saturated and unsaturated fats
- How a plant-based diet can benefit you
- How plant-based nutrition can enhance sports performance and aid in healthy weight loss
The Benefits of This Course:
- You can better guide your clients regarding healthy food choices
- You can help your clients reduce or eliminate their consumption of unhealthy, over-processed foods, by explaining the possible negative effects
- You can support your clients in their endeavours and motivate them to achieve their fitness goals
- You will be in a better position to explain the benefits of eating plant-based foods over meat-based diets
- You can encourage clients to maintain a food journal and use government dietary guidelines, to check if they are obtaining adequate healthy nutrition
Who can take the Plant-Based Nutrition Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Plant-Based Nutrition Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.