Nail Technician Diploma
The nail technician diploma is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for nail art and is interested in enjoying a long career in the nail industry or for anyone who is already a nail technician that wants to brush up on their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
Introduction to the Nail Technician Diploma
This nail technician diploma comprises of twenty five informative modules that takes around twenty hours to complete. The course is accompanied with a host of instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how to instructions, advice and more.
During the course you will have access to online support as you study the introduction to nails, how to start your own business, nail art, marketing your business and so much more.
The course is offered online at an affordable price, giving you the ability to study in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace. You can access the modules anywhere where you have an internet connection and from any device.
On completion you can download and print your certificate, which you can use to boost your career as a nail technician moving forward.
What You Will Learn
This course is brimming with twenty five modules designed to give you complete training in becoming a successful nail technician and providing you with guidance and insight to starting your own nail salon.
- Understand nail technology and what a nail technician does.
- Learn the different skin layers and how this plays a role in nail technology.
- Get an understanding of nail anatomy, how fast nails grow and the different sections of the nail that you need to know as a nail technician.
- Learn how to prepare your work area effectively. This module covers hygiene and the importance of cleaning your work area effectively between patients.
- Understand the importance of consulting with your clients, offering guidance and how to give clients clear instructions on how to care for their nails moving forward.
- Learn how to perform a manicure from the supplies you will need and how to shape the nails for the best results.
- Learn the art of performing the perfect pedicure each and every time. This module will provide you with the advice you need from what supplies you will need to removing old nail polish to shining nails and more.
- Understand the art of false nails from the supplies you will need to adding plastic tips, lengthening acrylics and finishing off acrylic nails perfectly.
- This module will teach you how to incorporate a hand and arm massage into your nail appointment to provide your clients with an added service.
- Understand all there is to know about gel nails and what makes them so popular. You will also get step by step instructions on completing gel nails along with a useful instructional video.
- Get useful advice on using nail tips.
- Learn all there is to know about nail art. Know why a base coat is so important, get inspiration for designs and more.
- Get some valuable tips on nail maintenance and how to help your clients make their manicure and pedicure last longer.
- The importance of health and hygiene and how to keep your work station clean at all times.
- An introduction to salon management.
- Advice on starting your own salon, working as a technician or starting a mobile business.
- Learn how to set up a successful salon with decoration tips and advice.
- Marketing, pricing and merchandising in your salon.
- Understand about staffing your salon, employee law and everything you need to know when it comes to adding staff members to your salon.
- Get valuable insight into customer relations management to ensure the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Learn to manage costs effectively, along with the importance of reporting and record keeping.
Benefits of the Nail Technician Diploma
Completing this diploma, whether you have no experience and are interested in a career in this industry, or you are already a technician that wants to brush up on your knowledge, you will find that the benefits are endless.
Some of the benefits include:
- Improved career opportunities
- Ability to enjoy consistent earnings
- Study in the comfort of your own home online
- Study at your own pace
- Affordable study solution
- No travelling costs
- Recognised certification on successful completion and passing of the multiple choice test.
- The history of nail technology
- What a nail technologist does
- An overview of the nail technology industry
- Why business skills are necessary for nail technologists
- About skin layers and their roles
- What the Epidermis is
- About the Dermis and the important role it plays
- What to do in the event the skin layer gets broken while treatment is being carried out
- About how fast nails grow and how to help them grow faster
- The structure of the nail
- Why understanding the nail anatomy is vital to your job
- The difference between the various parts of the nail
- How to maintain treatment areas between clients
- How to attain the highest standards when preparing your workplace
- How work station preparation pays an important role in infection control
- What your personal responsibilities are when it comes to hygiene maintenance
- The best way to establish exactly what the client wants
- How to offer your client guidance
- Why you should give your clients instruction in nail care
- How to maintain a good relationship with your clients
- What supplies you will need to perform a manicure
- How to shape the nails
- The best way to deal with cuticles
- How to make each manicure perfect – every-time
- What you need to perform a pedicure
- How to remove old nail polish
- The best way to take care of cuticles and calluses
- How to polish the nails
- What equipment you need to do artificial nails
- How to add plastic nail tips
- How to make sure that nails are the right length for acrylic tips
- How to perfectly finish off acrylic nails
- What an arm/hand massage is and how to integrate it in to a nail treatment
- About the anatomy of the arm, wrist and hand
- Different massage techniques
- About communicating with your client effectively regarding the massage
- What gel nails are and why they’re so popular
- The tools / equipment you will need to do this technique
- Step-by-step guide to doing gel nails
- Includes detailed instructional video
- What equipment you need to do nail tips
- Tips for creating great nail tips
- How to: artificial nail tips
- How to maintain nail tips
- How to prepare the nails for nail art
- About the importance of the base coat
- Where to find inspiration for nail art designs
- About different types of nail art
- How to maintain manicures
- How to use cuticle oil to fix nicks
- How to make a pedicure last longer
- When it is time to add another top coat
- About ensuring your premises is clean and fit for use
- How to make sure you keep your area well ventilated
- About keeping your equipment safe and hygienic
- About public health bodies you should be familiarizing yourself with
- What running a salon entails
- Why you need to consider tax and your business set up
- Why tracking costs are going to be vital to your success
- Why customer relations is going to be one of your top priorities
- What options are available to you if you wish to per-sue self-employment
- The benefits and pitfalls of starting your own salon
- The benefits and pitfalls of becoming a mobile technician
- The benefits and pitfalls of working for a salon
- About creating a business plan and finding finance
- How to find the perfect location for a salon
- What you need to know about taxes and VAT
- What requirements and regulations you must abide by
- What type of environment you should aim to create
- About the importance of creating a waiting area
- What lighting options you have and how they affect the ambience
- About creating a salon display
- Why branding is so important
- How to create a website for your business
- How to promote your service via social media
- Why print advertising can still be an effective means of advertising
- What you need to consider when setting your prices
- How to create deals that don't ruin your profits
- When you should increase your prices
- How to promote your offers / deals
- Which products your salon should carry
- How to showcase your products
- When and How to Alter Your Merchandising
- Tips for increasing sales
- How to advertise for staff
- Employment law basics
- How much to pay staff
- How to train your staff
- How CRM works
- What you can do with the CRM data gathered
- How to choose the right CRM software
- How to use CRM to your advantage
- The costs associated with starting a salon
- The Ongoing Expenses Associated with Running a Salon
- How much you can expect to make after these costs
- The best way to keep costs down
- What kind of forms salon owners need
- About book keeping for salon owners and mobile technicians
- Whether you should use an accountant for your bookkeeping
- How you should track transactions
Who can take the Nail Technician Diploma Award course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 25 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 25 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 25 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Nail Technician Diploma Award course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.