Microsoft Word Certification Level 3
Please Note: This course uses the Windows version of Microsoft Office 2016. Any other versions will have some differences in the functions.
The Microsoft (MS) Word Certificate Level 3 course is designed for those of your employees who wish to learn how to work with Microsoft Word software.
Everyone in a business environment needs to be competent in word processing software, and MS Word is the most widely used of these software applications.
Microsoft Word can be used for both business and personal use. The course covers a complete overview of the features within MS Word, and the team member will master the skills necessary to create, edit and print their own Word documents.
Upon successful completion of all 53 modules and the passing of a multiple-choice examination, a course certificate is awarded.
The fully validated certificate can be conveniently downloaded or – for a small fee – it can be posted to the team member.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The following word processing skills are covered in this course:
- How to enter and delete text in a document;
- Splitting and joining text;
- Functions in Word;
- Find and replace text;
- Spell check, thesaurus and word count;
- How to format your document;
- Creating and editing borders and tables;
- Creating an automatic table of contents;
- Inserting images, shapes and Clipart;
- Printing features;
- Creating and editing headers and footers;
- Design features in Word;
- Inserting videos;
- Inserting footnotes and endnotes;
- Using mail merge;
- Sending E-mail in Word;
- How to add and edit hyperlinks;
- Quick access toolbar.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- This qualification improves the employee’s value to the organisation, irrespective of their role, due to their ability to prepare professional documents and reports;
- The course is accessible online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which makes it ideal for those who work full-time but wish to upgrade their skills and qualifications;
- The convenience of studying anywhere, at any time, on any device (PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone), provided the learner has an internet connection;
- Studying at a pace that is comfortable for the learner – there is no time limit by which to complete the course;
- Short, sharp modular structure to the programme, which makes learning easy and fun;
- Accessible online support throughout the course;
- A comprehensive syllabus, covering all important word processing skills.
Who can take the Microsoft Word Certification Level 3 course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 53 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 53 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 53 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Microsoft Word Certification Level 3 course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.