Handling Difficult People and Situations Certification
Any time that your business encounters a difficult person, there’s a cost. It costs you in terms of time that you spend having to deal with the situation and costs you in terms of the extra resources that you have to put into dealing with the situation.
Your staff may all have excellent interpersonal skills, but there are always the unexpected situations that test them. By understanding the reasons for difficult behaviour, an employee is better equipped to deal with difficult people.
This course teaches powerful interpersonal skills that enable your employee(s) to diffuse conflict situations, how to effectively communicate and how to meet the needs of difficult people, in line with your business’s needs and goals.
It is a useful course for any level of employee but will most benefit those on the customer-facing front line and team managers.
What’s Covered in the Course?
When you enrol a team member on this course, they will cover the following topics:
- An understanding of human needs and how those needs influence behaviour;
- How to effectively communicate, in order to reduce conflicts and reach a positive resolution;
- Recognition of disruptive workplace behaviour and effective ways in which to deal with it, as it arises;
- An understanding of the factors that get in the way of employees being productive and the factors that promote productivity;
- Identification of the characteristics that are common to difficult people, so that they can be dealt with accordingly;
- How to use effective solutions, in order to deal with difficult people, for the benefit of all involved;
- The sources and causes of difficult behaviour, so that it can be recognised and worked through, as it arises;
- How to recognise the most common personality traits of people who exhibit difficult behaviour and how to deal with them;
- How to focus on the solution, as opposed to the problem, when interacting with difficult people or in difficult situations.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Your employee will gain a number of benefits from this course, the main ones being:
- With employees at all levels able to deal with difficult people and conflict resolution, managers are able to focus more time on productivity and efficiency;
- The employee gains the knowledge and confidence with which to deal with difficult people and difficult situations;
- Conflicts are quickly and efficiently resolved;
- The employee’s interpersonal skills are improved;
- The course is modular, can be studied at any time that suits the individual and can be studied online;
- Indefinite access to the course enables refresher training in the future.
- Understand the six universal human needs and how they drive individual behaviour.
- Learn how to incorporate Transactional Analysis communication skills in the workplace to reduce conflict and increase effectiveness.
- Be able to recognise and minimise counterproductive workplace behaviour.
- Grasp the importance of employee recognition, appreciation and autonomy for productivity and work quality.
- Identify what behaviours make a person difficult and how you can identify them
- Learn how to handle difficult people, focusing on solutions to difficult situations and people.
- Find out the underlying causes of difficult behaviour and awkward personalities
- Learn how to confidentially challenge people and reduce unnecessary conflict
- Understand the psychology of difficult employees and awkward customers
- Learn how to deal with difficult situations and difficult people in the work place
- Uncover more about the different types of difficult employees
- Discover the tips for managing difficult employees, bosses and colleagues
- Develop personal skills and resilience for dealing with difficult people
- Understand how to overcome conflict and move towards negotiation
- Learn how to create effective relationships in life and at work
- Discover how to extract as much information as possible by actively listening
- Learn how to reduce your emotional reactions to others by not taking matters so personally
- Uncover some of your own limiting behaviours and attitudes towards life and others
- Find ways to create a more positive attitude to life and create a better experience for yourself
- Understand how our environment and perceptions influence our physical and mental health
Who can take the Dealing with Difficult People and Situations Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Dealing with Difficult People and Situations Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 7 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.