Customer Care Certification
Every business needs a solid customer interface. Whether you have employees engaged in direct sales or a small department dealing with customer enquiries, customer interaction, care and service is vital to an organisation’s success.
Understanding how to deliver excellent customer care is as important to a call centre agent as a dental receptionist. This short course provides an excellent general introduction to customer care, which is suitable for any industry.
It is ideal for entry level employees, as well as more experienced workers, who may be recognising changes in the way in which they need to deal with customers.
It can be of benefit running alongside an organisation’s own induction and training courses, as well as a stand-alone course.
The course is taught in 5 modules: ‘Introduction’, ‘Customer-led approach’, ‘First Impressions’, ‘Effective Communication’ and ‘Handling Complaints’.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Enrolled employees will cover the following topics:
- What customer care is and why it’s so important to both customers and the success of the business;
- Ways in which to measure the experience of the customer, so that the information can be used for future success or to identify changes that need to be made;
- How to use a customer-led approach in the workplace, for the benefit of both the business and the customer;
- How to balance friendly service with effective service, during each interaction with a customer;
- How to be courteous and kind to every customer;
- How to handle the difficult and confrontational customer;
- The value of first impressions and how to create them;
- How to develop and use active listening skills with every customer, for a positive experience, every time there is an interaction;
- How to finish every interaction with a customer in a positive way;
- How to effectively handle complaints and bring about a positive resolution that benefits both the customer and the business.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- The team member receives a comprehensive introduction to the key aspects of customer care and service;
- Customer service is made uniform across your organisation, for all employees who gain the certification;
- A comprehensive syllabus is delivered in a short time, with clear benefits to both the employee and the business;
- Employees are able to study flexibly, alongside work, via any internet-enabled device.
- What constitutes a customer-led approach in customer care
- Why a customer-led approach is important
- How to put the customer first
- How to make the customer feel special
- Why first impressions are important
- The factors that determine first impressions in a face-to-face meeting
- The importance of courtesy
- Why first impressions are about more than just words
- Why rapport is important to customer relationships
- Some simple techniques for building rapport
- How to use Active Listening
- The importance of body language
- How to uncover the real issue in a customer complaint
- How to empathise with a customer
- Methods of reversing a situation
- The polite way of saying “no”
Who can take the Customer Care Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Customer Care Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.