Borderline Personality Disorder Certification
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a disorder of mood accompanied by maladaptive relationship patterns and thinking styles. BPD can cause a significant amount of distress and it typically impacts every area of a person’s life.
In this course, you will receive an overview of BPD, including its symptoms, causes and treatment. You will learn how Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is used to help people with BPD lead more fulfilling lives and how social and medical support can help them recover from their condition. You will also learn why and how people with this diagnosis may benefit from extra support at work.
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by the term “personality disorder”, the most common symptoms of BPD, what causes BPD and why it requires prompt and careful treatment.
- How BPD is diagnosed and an overview of the main treatments available.
- How Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) can improve mood and functioning in people with BPD.
- The challenges people with BPD face in the workplace and how their colleagues and managers can support them in getting the help they need.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you know someone with BPD, this course will help you understand their condition and offer support if required.
- If you work with service users with a BPD diagnosis, this course will give you an insight into their condition and help you meet their needs.
- If you supervise someone with BPD, this course will enable you to help meet their needs in the workplace.
- If you have an interest in occupational health or mental illness in general, you will benefit from this comprehensive introduction to the most common personality disorder.
Who can take the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.