Bipolar Awareness Certification
One in six adults have a common mental health condition, and 1% have bipolar disorder. Awareness and understanding of mental illness can go a long way in promoting mental health not just in affected individuals but society as a whole.
This course contains a practical overview of bipolar disorder, its causes, treatment and the impact it has on an individual’s everyday life. It also outlines the steps employers and workers can take to support someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
What You Will Learn
- What bipolar disorder is, the main symptoms and the signs that accompany depressed, manic and mixed episodes
- How bipolar is diagnosed, why it is important to treat it in a timely manner and how it is treated using medication and therapy
- The challenges faced by people living with bipolar disorder and how lifestyle changes can help them manage the condition
- How and why employers should support workers with bipolar disorder and how to uphold the legislation that protects people with the condition from discrimination
Benefits of Taking the Course
- If you know someone with confirmed or suspected bipolar disorder, this course will give you a valuable insight into their condition
- If you work with someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder, this course will help you support them in a sensitive manner
- If you are a business owner or manager, this course will highlight your obligations under the law with regards to supporting someone with a chronic mental illness
- If you work in an HR role or have an interest in occupational health, you will benefit from this insight into the difficulties people with bipolar disorder face in the workplace
Who can take the Bipolar Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Bipolar Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.