Office & Reception Management Certification
It takes specific skills and an understanding of the dynamics of people, in order to efficiently run an office. This Office & Reception Management Certificate course is designed to provide an employee with those exact skills.
Demonstrating organisational competence in this field opens doors to advancing an employee’s career in the business.
This programme consists of 18 modules, designed to provide an insight into what is expected from a person working in an office environment.
The industry-approved certificate provides the employee with confidence-building skills, to enable them to move up in their career.
What’s Covered in the Course?
The 18 modules cover both office management and interpersonal problem-solving skills, as well as providing insight into the way in which the employee tends to react in these situations.
The office receptionist performs a vital role as the ‘face of the business’, creating a first impression that influences visitors’ perceptions of the organisation’s culture.
Communication skills, teamwork and office administrative systems, basic financial management – managing petty cash and office supplies – are also included, as well as the planning and scheduling of meetings, minute-taking and report-writing.
As the person in this position usually deals with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, it is important that they understand managerial issues and responsibilities.
Performance management and appraisals, staff promotions, recruitment and selection and compliance with equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace legislation are all covered, together with the importance of good health and safety practices.
The use – and abuse – of social media and its role in the office environment brings the learner up-to-date with the current thinking in this field.
The team member will learn:
- How to handle staff and understand their performance;
- The legal side of various policies and health and safety;
- How to deal with customers and colleagues;
- Financial aspects: petty cash and office supplies;
- Office layouts;
- The art of delegation;
- Social media;
- How to handle meetings, including chairing them.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
There are a number of clear benefits of completing this Office & Reception Management certificate, including:
- A professional front-line receptionist improves the image of your business;
- The ability to study at the employee’s pace and in the comfort of their own home;
- Easy internet-based access to study material on any device;
- Short, sharp, structured organisation of learning materials;
- Industry-approved certification.
- Who is an Office Manager
- Typical Duties of an Office Manager
- Skills Essential for an Office Manager
- Education and Qualifications
- Personality and Personality Development
- Importance of Personality Development
- Most Important Personality Traits of an Office Manager
- How to Project Confidence
- First impression is everything
- Leadership is creative thought and not reactive thinking
- Creative Vs. Reactive
- First impression of a company
- Communication and Effective Communication
- Importance of Effective Communication
- The Art of Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Building Effective Communication in an Organisation
- Essentials for a reception
- Face of the office
- Qualifications and skills
- Prospects of a career as a receptionist
- What is an Administrative System?
- What is Administrative Management?
- Traditional Administrative Systems
- Strategy Formulation
- The Importance of keeping Record of Expenses
- Maintaining Expense Records
- How to Keep Records
- Kinds of Expenses to Record
- Office layout: What it means
- Objectives of Office Layout
- Importance of Office Layout
- Principle of Office Layout
- What is a meeting?
- Different types of meetings
- Chairing a meeting
- Do you need a chairperson?
- What is staffing?
- The groundwork
- Required number of personnel
- Finding temporary staff
- Definition of performance management
- How it works
- Planning an individual's personal performance
- The benefits
- What is delegation of work?
- Necessity of work delegation
- When to delegate work
- What work to delegate
- What is staff development and training?
- Importance of training and development
- What you need to do to train staff
- Coaching and mentoring
- Equality and diversity in the workplace
- The meaning of equality and diversity
- Legal support for equality and diversity
- Environment of equality and diversity
- Presenting a report: Basics
- How to earn attention and support
- Report style writing
- Business reporting
- Economic reasoning
- A health and safety management system
- The spirit of the law
- Policy and commitment
- Benefits of Attending Conferences and Conventions
- Personal and Professional benefits of a Conference
- Understanding Conference Benefits and Quantifying Them
- Getting the maximum from Conferences
- Internet Marketing Strategy
- Why Bother?
- Digital Channels Overview
- The Digital Channels
Who can take the Office & Reception Management Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 18 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 18 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Office & Reception Management Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.