Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certification
For a company that wants a motivated workforce, there is a need to understand what it is that motivates them. To achieve better performance and increased productivity, employers need to know the concepts and principles of motivation and how best to correctly apply them. A motivated workforce is generally a happy workforce, performs better and stays with the business longer.
This course looks at all aspects of the motivation process, including identifying the motivating factors, motivational tools and targets and the rewards for the employee and the business.
It is of particular benefit to team leaders and managers, as well as any staff involved in employee policies.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Your team members will cover the following pertinent topics, as they study this course:
- An understanding of the different types of people and discover what makes them want to work and what motivates them to get things done;
- How to assess a person or group of people in terms of their levels of motivation or demotivation and how to deal with either one;
- How to boost the motivation of employees and how to recognise situations and circumstances that interfere with motivation, so that they can be effectively dealt with;
- How to create sustainable and workable motivation that is personal to the individual and also works towards the company’s goals;
- An exploration of the various types of psychological models of motivation commonly used by businesses in today’s society and how to use them in the workplace;
- How to modify leadership skills and techniques, so that they align with the team and each person and what would be most effective for everyone involved;
- How to find ways to effectively lead that are motivating and empowering for both the individuals on a team and the team as a whole.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Benefits that your employee will gain, as they study this course include:
- The employee will understand the need for and how to deliver a motivating environment, whereby work is satisfying and rewarding for everyone;
- Successful application of the course’s teaching will result in happier staff, who are productive and stay with the company longer;
- Productivity increases and, in turn, so does the company’s bottom line;
- This online course is available via any internet-enabled device; it has 5 modules and can be studied flexibly;
- All employees who successfully complete the course will be awarded with an accredited certificate.
- Understand what motivation is and the various different types
- Comprehend what motivates or demotivates employees and how it affects performance
- Establish what employees need, and look for, in order to remain fully motivated in their jobs
- Learn what employers can do to ensure they have a motivated workforce
- Learn motivational theories and how they influence our lives and decisions.
- Comprehend the impact of a leader’s vision and personal vision on motivation levels.
- Understand how rewards and recognition influences morale and performance.
- Explore the application of motivational theories and concepts to real life situations
- Learn about a variety of leadership styles and comprehend their impact on motivation
- Understand how to apply different leadership styles and their suitability to different tasks
- Comprehend the huge difference between motivational and demotivational leadership
- Learn how to develop and adaptive approach to leadership drawing upon multiple style
- Understand the cost of Demotivation and the impact it has on the wellbeing and success of individuals, projects and organisations.
- Identify what personal and work factors contribute to and exacerbate demotivation.
- Learn how to constructively and positively address demotivation in employees on a personal, project and organisational level.
- Gain skills that aid communication with demotivated employees with the aim of re-engaging and motivating.
- Find out how authentic motivation is personal and drives us to perform to meet our own goals
- Learn the difference between autonomous and controlled motivation
- Understand how managers contribute to a motivational environment
- Develop your understanding of specific motivational tools and strategies which can be applied
Who can take the Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.