International Massage Diploma
This International Massage Diploma is designed for anyone who is passionate about massage and wants to start a career as a massage therapist. The course provides insight into all aspects of massage, ensuring you get a complete overview that you can use to secure a position within the massage industry.
Introduction to International Massage Diploma
This industry recognised diploma comprises of nineteen modules. Each module is brimming with valuable information, techniques, advice and more to help you achieve success as a massage therapist. The modules include the convenience of video tutorials, providing you with advice and assistance when it comes to various techniques.
The complete course takes around twenty hours to complete. This can be studied in your own time, at your own pace and wherever you feel most comfortable. You can access your course modules on any device, whether it’s a desktop computer on your desk at home, your tablet or your mobile phone.
During your studies you will have access to an online tutor who is always on hand to assist you as you may need. Further good news regarding the International Massage Diploma is that it is open to anyone, there are no entry requirements.
What you Will Learn
During this course you will learn everything you need to know when starting a career as a massage therapist. On completion you will be awarded a certificate as proof that you have the knowledge and insight you need to secure a position within the massage industry.
- Get an understanding about massage therapy, its history, how it is used and the physical and psychological effects massage can have on the body.
- Understand the human body from the skeleton to the central nervous system. Knowing the body's anatomy can help you become a successful therapist in the future.
- Learn about massage equipment from how to use massage tables to the various types of oil you can use.
- Understand why listening skills are so important to your success as a massage therapist.
- Get an understanding of the different massage techniques you can use. Also learn more about alternative therapies and reflexology.
- Use the video guides to determine how to use your new found techniques to assist your clients.
- Learn how to perform Indian head massages, facial massages, pregnancy massages.
- Identify the correct techniques you should be using for each part of the body.
- Know what should always be discussed with your client at initial consultations to ensure you know what services they need.
- A guide to medical massage, understand how to provide massage for special groups and how massage can be beneficial when it comes to certain illnesses.
- Identify what techniques you should be using when you massage a baby and how this can be beneficial to both the mother and the baby.
- Learn more about aromatherapy and how you can use this in conjunction with massage. Learn about the different oils and what they are used for. You will also gain valuable insight into why oils are so important in aromatherapy.
Benefits of the International Massage Diploma
Anyone interested in working in the field of massage therapy will benefit from completing this information packed course, with the advantage of video tutorials to teach you essential techniques.
The course is overflowing with benefits, these include:
- Get your foot in the door by having a basic knowledge and understanding of massage from day one.
- Enjoy the convenience of a certification to prove your ability and offer an industry recognised certification to potential employers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in terms of massage therapy, what it entails and how to complete various techniques.
- Get insider advice and tips to achieve success.
- Study online in the convenience of your own home and at your own pace. Study on any device.
- Enjoy the convenience of ongoing support and guidance throughout your studies from an experienced tutor.
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage and traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massage and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- How effective equipment or resources can be when practicing massage therapy
- The different types of oil that can be used
- The importance of communication and listening to your clients
- Why listening is vital when delivering specific needs to your clients and ensuring you give them what they want
- How to listen reflectively and how to empathise
- How to successfully conduct and partake in interviews
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- How to give an Indian/ Eastern head massage
- The heritage and inspiration that this type of massage was invented from and why
- How the upper body region works in synergy when giving a head massage
- What to do after you have given a massage
- Why you should always start with a consultation when giving facial massages
- How to perform a skin analysis
- About the need for cleansing
- How to properly conduct a facial massage and why it is different to a body massage
- How to give a proper back and neck massage
- The problems and symptoms that can cause back and neck problems or pain
- The correct techniques to use when giving a massage on a person's back or neck
- You will learn the different areas around the neck and spine, understanding what precautions must be taken
- What a full body massage is
- About the 6 steps involved in performing a full body massage
- What you should look to discuss in the initial client consultation
- Things you should avoid
- About the history of Swedish massage
- What happens in a Swedish massage session
- The techniques required to perform Swedish Massage
- A video tutorial guiding you through the whole process
- What a sports massage is and what it encompasses
- Why people will need sports massage therapy
- How to give a proper sports massage
- The benefits of sports massage
- What cellulite is and how it is caused
- How anti-cellulite massage therapy works
- How to give an anti-cellulite massage
- What to avoid when giving an anti-cellulite massage
- What a hot stone massage is
- How to give a hot stone massage
- The benefits of a hot stone massage
- What different techniques can be used
- About Thai foot massage
- How to give a Thai foot massage
- About the history and efficacy of Thai foot massage
- What to avoid when giving a Thai foot massage
- The advantages this can give to pregnant women
- Necessary precautions to ensure maximum safety for clients and yourself
- Who should avoid pregnancy massage
- And an in-depth look on how to give a pregnancy massage
- How to give a medical massage to specific groups
- The importance of being able to accommodate special groups
- The benefits this can have for your career as a massage therapist
- How massage therapy can help different types of illnesses
- How to give a baby massage
- What to avoid when giving a baby massage
- How it can benefit both mother and baby
- The techniques that should be used
- What aromatherapy is
- How you can combine aromatherapy with massage
- What essential oils are and how they work
- What the most important oils in aromatherapy are
Who can take the International Massage Diploma course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 18 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 18 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the International Massage Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.