- What is meant by the term ‘health and safety’, and who is responsible for its enforcement;
- Why health and safety legislation is so important;
- The key pieces of legislation that govern health and safety in the workplace;
- Who is responsible for upholding health and safety in the workplace;
- What stress is.
- The various forms stress can take.
- What can be done to manage stress in the workplace
- How to boost your confidence.
- Basic information about legal and illegal drugs
- A brief history of drug use
- Information about the types of drugs
- Details about the legal classification of drugs
- An overview of illegal drug abuse
- Information about the misuse of over the counter and prescription medicine
- What the signs of drug abuse are and how to observe them in yourself and others
- The health risks of drug abuse
- The difference between casual use and problematic use of drugs and alcohol whilst at work
- The reasons why workplaces should focus on drug and alcohol awareness, as well as how drug and alcohol use can impact your workplace
- The signs of drug or alcohol abuse in your employees or co-workers
- Your legal obligations regarding drug and alcohol abuse
Who can take the Health and Wellbeing Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 7 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 7 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 7 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Health and Wellbeing Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.