Food Safety Level 3
This course is intended for people who already have a basic background knowledge of food safety, hygiene and handling. This level will help those in management or supervisory roles learn how to properly implement food safety and how to communicate it to other staff. This level is best for people working in sectors such as food service, catering, hotels, retail and other similar areas. Anyone working with food or managing people who do will find Food Safety Level 3 useful.
Not only will this course give learners the tools to understand and implement food safety regulations, it will also give them the confidence to do so effectively. Since you already have a working knowledge of the importance of food safety and the proper procedures, this course will focus on communicating this to staff and ensuring that food safety control measures are followed properly. It covers the important information necessary to train a team to be able to effectively maintain food hygiene and keep up with UK legislation and regulations in regards to food safety.
You Will Learn:
- How to supervise and implement food safety strategies in any setting, especially retail and food service
- Gain a deeper understanding of food safety techniques
- Gain a deeper understanding of food hygiene and why it’s so important
- How to safely prepare, handle, transport and process food
- How to manage and communicate this information to others and delegate its implementation.
- What the most significant threats to food safety are and how to keep them at bay
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Gain better understanding of the science behind food hygiene and the risks involved
- Gain better tools to handle and regulate food safety issues in a managerial or supervisory role
- Gain better ability to correct problems and deal with failed food safety regulations
- Gain better ability to train staff and authoritatively implement necessary food safety control measures
Who can take the Food Safety Level 3 Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Food Safety Level 3 Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.