Food Safety - Level 2
Guaranteed food safety is the foundation on which every food serving establishment is based on. If that guarantee is non-existent, then we risk the lives of employees and consumers. It is imperative that we learn and practise proper food safety at all levels of the business. In the Level 1 course, we covered the general information that all should know for food safety and hygiene.
In Level 2, we explore the depths of each area that has an impact on food safety. We begin with refreshing your knowledge of contamination then delve into cross contamination, food poisoning and other food related illnesses. This is followed by a discussion about personal hygiene, work area sanitisation, proper food storage and legal obligations of businesses in the food industry. Finally, we identify legal issues that may arise from improper food safety, giving you additional tips to help prevent legal issues.
You Will Learn:
- The various food safety hazards and their causes, specifically food poisoning and food related illnesses
- How personal hygiene, work area and storage cleanliness affect food safety
- Legal obligations of food safety for industry professionals
- Measures and tips to maintain HACCP and Food Standards Agency criteria
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Build competence and understanding of various food safety hazards
- Learn the importance of proper food handling and preparation, as well as, personal hygiene, work environment cleanliness and storage
- Understand the importance of food hygiene, associated food safety hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems
- Recognise the importance of food safety for industry professionals
- Understand the legal obligations of food safety compliance
- You will have an understanding of how to maintain good food hygiene practices which meet the assessment standards of the Food Standards Agency and enforcement
Who can take the Food Safety Level 2 Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Food Safety Level 2 Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.