Food Safety Level 1 Certification
Understanding food safety is vital for both employers and employees in the catering industry to ensure a successful, law-abiding and safe business!
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of food safety, how to ensure it, what prevents it and how you can keep your business and your food safe.
From explaining how to keep food safe at every stage, to instituting procedural plans and understanding your legal requirements, this course covers every aspect that everyone in the catering industry needs to know.
You Will Learn
- All about the threats to food safety and how to avoid them.
- How to ensure food safety from suppliers and during transport.
- How to prepare and serve food safely.
- All about food allergies and how to avoid the risks.
- How to be on the right side of the law by establishing a procedural plan.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to draw up a food safety procedural plan and comply with regulatory requirements while keeping your customers safe and happy.
- You will be able to choose your suppliers and transport methods wisely and avoid threats to food safety.
- You will be able to eliminate the risk of allergic reactions in any of your food products.
Who can take the Food Safety Level 1 Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Food Safety Level 1 Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.