Workplace Monitoring and Data Protection Certification
Learning about workplace monitoring and data protection is absolutely essential for anybody in any organisation of every type and size - whether you’re an employer, employee or directly responsible for data collection compliance.
This course provides a comprehensive guide to understanding the legal requirements involved with employee data collection and the legally binding stipulations of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for all UK organisations.
From a comprehensive look into GDPR principles and the definition of ‘personal data’, to ways to ensure compliance as an employer and the rights and responsibilities involved in workplace monitoring, this course covers everything you need to know about workplace monitoring and data protection.
You Will Learn
- The general principles of the GDPR and how they pertain to your organisation
- A comprehensive definition of ‘personal data’ and all it entails
- How to ensure full legal data protection compliance
- The rights and responsibilities of workplace monitoring for employers and employees
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will avoid the serious legal implications of non-compliance of the GDPR
- You will increase productivity by improving employer/employee trust
- You will avoid the costly process of hiring data protection consultants
- You will improve your reputation within the industry and attract new business
Who can take the Workplace Monitoring and Data Protection Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Workplace Monitoring and Data Protection Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.