Working in Teams Certification
Teamwork is the backbone of success for any business. It is the collaborative effort of a number of people, in order to achieve a goal.
For the business that wishes to harness the power of teamwork, this course provides an excellent way in which to develop the required skills and knowledge.
This course is for the employees of businesses who understand that improved teamwork results in improved quality, increased customer satisfaction and an increase in the bottom line.
With a high performing team, the collaboration between resources is maximised, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity. To achieve this, the course focuses on the required leadership skills and strategies, in order to bring a team together and run it at its most efficient.
The course is beneficial to those who need to inspire the people whom they lead and provide a supportive environment.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Team members will cover the following topics throughout this short course:
- How to create a workplace environment that nurtures personal transformation and employee growth;
- Tips for enhancing and improving team cohesion, enthusiasm, morale and motivation in the workplace;
- How to improve personal and team satisfaction in the workplace and when tasks are performed;
- The most effective and inspiring ways in which to communicate at work;
- How to develop an authentic and empowering leadership style, for effective work in teams;
- How to evaluate and enhance personal growth and development;
- How to adapt and adjust a leadership style, so that it meets the specific needs of the situation and the available resources;
- How to support positive personal interactions and build deeper connections in the workplace;
- Tips for creating and developing high performance teams that deliver top notch results;
- How to bring out the best in yourself and the team of people that are being led.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Any employees studying this course can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- Teams run more productively, efficiently and effectively;
- Inter-and intra-team communication is improved;
- A supportive environment is created that fosters better team working across the organisation;
- The course is online and allows the team member to study flexibly;
- Full support is available online;
- Upon successfully completing the course, employees will receive an accredited certificate.
- To understand what a High Performance Team is and learn the crucial elements that are needed to create one.
- To learn how leaders build High Performance Teams with their practical, strategic and interpersonal skills.
- To identify the individual strengths and qualities needed for a High Performance Team to function optimally.
- To grasp the different behavioural roles necessary to create diversity and balance in a High Performance Team.
- Learn how to motivate and engage teams, harnessing the power of relationships.
- Understand the importance and methods for developing trust within teams.
- Develop the tools and mindset for encouraging innovation and problem solving.
- Discover how to build a positive working environment that enhances team effectiveness.
- Learn how to use a communication process to support planning and prevent costly communication mistakes.
- Discover the elements of non-verbal communication that are required for successful message delivery.
- Realise the importance of open and honest communication and learn how to foster a conductive environment.
- Determine how to make communications more effective by varying communication style to suit the receiver.
- Understand the role of leaders and how they achieve their strategic organisational and societal influence
- Recognise the distinction between management and leadership and the continuum between the approaches
- Learn the principles of leadership and how their application impacts individual and team effectiveness
- Study the concept of a leadership framework and how this is applied to leadership theories
- Understand the leadership needs of businesses and the importance of self-directed learning
- Assess and develop a personal leadership style and authentic approach to leadership
- Learn how to write achievable objectives, which empower and motivate your team
- Comprehend the qualities, traits and skills that make a successful leader
Who can take the Working in Teams Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Working in Teams Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.