Working at Height Certification
Full knowledge of all aspects of ‘working at height’ is vital for both employers and employees in the relevant industries in order to maintain a safe, productive and legal business.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of ‘working at height’, how to do it properly, the potential hazards involved and how you can keep your company and workers safe.
From discussing the different industries involved to highlighting the dangers and explaining the safety and legal measures needed, this course covers every aspect that everyone involved with ‘working at height’ needs to know.
You Will Learn
- The basic definition and history of ‘working at height’
- The different industries and jobs that involve ‘working at height’
- All the hazards and safety risks involved
- Prevention and safety measures needed
- The legal and regulatory obligations for anybody involved with ‘working at height’
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to determine the safety risks in your work environment
- You will be able to identify and eliminate any potentially life-threatening hazards
- You will understand the legal requirements of ‘working at height’ and provide advice in your work environment
- You will understand the regulations which govern ‘working at height’ and provide invaluable advice in your workplace
- You will be able to perform a basic safety inspection and write up a safety report
Who can take the Working at Height Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Working at Height Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.