What Can You Trust?
Learning about what you can trust is essential for youngsters of all ages and from all backgrounds. In today’s world of rapid and constant information, knowing what and who to trust, both online and in the real world is a potentially life-saving skill that can enable you to go further and become more successful.
We begin by discussing who you can trust, and we learn about the easy-to-spot warning signs of untrustworthy people, websites and social media pages, as well as the dangers involved in extremist ideology and how to avoid it.
Next, we learn about what you can trust online, including on social media, websites and applications, and provide you with a solid game plan to avoid the suspicious and embrace the trustworthy.
Finally, we provide an in-depth guide to the resources young people have, to determine the credibility of information and to learn about potentially dangerous people and situations.
This is the ultimate guide for young people to gain a complete understanding of what information they can trust, and what information they should avoid.
You Will Learn
- Who you can trust and the warning signs to be wary of
- How to recognise extremists and avoid them
- What you can trust when it comes to social media, apps and the internet in general
- The resources available to help you determine the trustworthiness of information and take action to avoid serious consequences
Benefits of Taking this Course
- You will avoid the serious and dangerous implications of placing your trust in the wrong people
- You will become more vigilant
- You will be able to focus on the information that empowers you
- You will protect yourself and others by making use of powerful resources which fight against misinformation
Who can take the What Can You Trust Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the What Can You Trust Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.