If you employ individuals who have responsibility for running and managing the warehouse of your company, this Level 2 Warehouse Management Certification course is a great choice, to provide them with the skills that they need, in order to do so successfully.
The course provides a thorough introduction to all of the information that a warehouse manager will need, from warehouse safety to equipment, stock and managing a team. Students will come away with a comprehensive overview of what successful warehouse management looks like and how to achieve it.
What’s Covered in the Course?
This wide-ranging course covers a wealth of useful information relating to warehouse management, such as:
- An overview of the functions and importance of a warehouse in a successful business and the key role that it plays;
- The different types of warehouse equipment, what it is used for and how technology is an increasingly important part of warehouse management;
- Key warehouse processes and how to design, implement and manage them, for maximum success;
- How to use picking processes in a warehouse;
- Tips on managing and controlling stock and inventory, to ensure appropriate stock flow and minimise wastage;
- What supply chains are and how they link to warehouse management;
- How to manage warehouse staff in the most effective way;
- The importance of health and safety in a warehouse environment and how to promote it;
- How efficient warehouse processes can play a part in controlling business costs and practical tips on how to effectively minimise costs.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
This course provides your team member with lots of great benefits, in order to help them accelerate their learning of warehouse management. These include:
- By supporting them to undertake this course, you are helping your team member’s career progression and giving them the opportunity to achieve an industry-recognised certification in warehouse management;
- Their new skills in warehouse management will ensure maximum success for your business;
- Students can easily combine work and study, due to the flexible nature of the course and the fact that there are no time limits on completing the course;
- While they undertake the course, learners benefit from ongoing online support, which is available around the clock.
- The main functions of a warehouse in modern supply chains
- Challenges warehouse managers face
- How to determine the warehouse’s location
- Factors to consider when thinking about the number of warehouses required
- The types of equipment used
- Basic principles of logistics
- Details about outsourcing
- Investigating robotics
- The work involved in receiving goods
- The importance of warehouse organisation
- Details about the storage of goods
- Processes and procedures behind the despatching of goods
- What picking is, and its role in the supply chain
- Commonly used picking methods
- Frequently used picking systems
- Ways to improve picking productivity
- How to develop a warehouse layout to better organise inventory
- The basic inventory management and tracking methods
- The importance of auditing
- How to reduce inventory costs
- The definition of stock, and how to tell how much you need
- Best practices for controlling stock movement within a warehouse
- Methods of stock verification
- Which warehouse reports are crucial to effective management
- The main function of supply chains
- Supply chain processes
- How to optimise your supply chain
- The various inventory decisions managers need to make
- All about the hiring process
- Various disciplinary issues and when to let a staff member go
- Tips and tricks about conflict resolution
- Keeping your workforce engaged and motivated
- How to develop and enforce a health and safety policy
- Proper materials handling procedures
- All about risk assessment
- Mitigating or minimising risk
Who can take the Warehouse Management Certification Level 2 course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 9 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 9 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 9 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Warehouse Management Certification Level 2 course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.