Learning about urinary tract infection sepsis is essential for everyone, from all walks of life and all age groups, who care about the wellbeing and physical health of both themselves and their loved ones. Urinary tract infection sepsis or UTI sepsis is a potentially fatal condition that can easily be avoided with the right knowledge.
This course covers everything you need to know about urinary tract infections, as well as the sepsis that can develop if it is left undiagnosed and untreated. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of the symptoms to look out for and when to seek medical attention, as well as the bacterial and fungal causes and complications of UTI sepsis.
From how it’s diagnosed, using different blood and urine tests, and the risk factors to look out for, to practical prevention tips and treatment methods, this course covers everything you’ll ever need to know about UTI sepsis.
What You Will Learn:
- The full definitions and various symptoms of both UTIs and UTI sepsis
- The bacterial and fungal causes and complications that can arise from UTIs and UTI sepsis
- A step-by-step guide to diagnosing UTI sepsis and the different urine and blood-based testing methods
- The various risk factors to look out for, prevention strategies to implement and life-saving treatment methods involved
The Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will avoid serious illness, by diagnosing early UTI warning signs and getting the right medical attention
- You will understand, develop and share good daily habits, to avoid infection and stay healthy
- You will protect yourself and your loved ones, by understanding the risk factors and how to avoid them
- You will potentially save lives, by implementing prevention strategies
Who can take the UTI Sepsis Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the UTI Sepsis Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.