Understanding the PAYE System Certification
All workers and employers in the UK, including the self-employed, are part of the PAYE system. Introduced in 1944 by HMRC, it is designed to make the process of paying tax, National Insurance, and other deductions much simpler.
In this course, you will learn about how the PAYE system works, how tax codes ensure employers deduct the correct amount of tax from their employees’ pay, how self-employed people pay taxes, and the importance of using appropriate software to submit payment submissions.
You Will Learn:
- How the UK PAYE system works
- How tax codes work, and what the various tax codes mean
- How and when you need to send information to HMRC
- How to choose the best software to use to help manage your payroll
- How self-employed people navigate the PAYE system
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for overseeing the payroll at work, this course will help you navigate the PAYE system
- If you are self-employed, this course will help you ensure that you meet your obligations under the law with regards to paying tax and National Insurance
- If you are choosing a new piece of payroll software for your company, this course will give you valuable guidance
- If you are an employee, this course will help you make sure that your tax code is correct
Who can take the Understanding PAYE System Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Understanding PAYE System Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.