Time and Priority Management Certification
It is rare in any organisation or business to find a role that does not require time management. Most operations depend on timing in some form and, therefore, an employee who can effectively manage and prioritise their time is always a great asset.
When people are set deadlines, they work to achieve them, but it is highly probable that, within your company, you have employees who could push themselves a little further and contribute more, if they had better time management skills.
This course is suitable for all levels of employee whose working patterns and processes would be improved with time management knowledge and some relevant time management tools.
This also applies to team leaders and managers who are responsible for setting tasks and deadlines for a group of employees, enabling them to prioritise and set achievable deadlines.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Any team member studying this course will cover the following:
- A comprehensive introduction to time management - what it is and why it’s important in the workplace;
- Tips and advice on how best to plan and schedule time in the workplace, so that tasks, projects and jobs can be completed in a timely manner;
- How to place an importance on tasks, so that they can be properly prioritised, so that everything gets done efficiently and on time;
- Learning why and how to schedule discretionary time and why that’s so important;
- Information about an employee’s working style and how to use that style, in order to invest in yourself, for a high rate of success;
- Using effective time management skills, in order to manage others in the workplace, to enable effective delegation and task completion;
- An understanding of personal time management skills and how to use or improve them, to bring about success in the workplace.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
The main benefits of this course include the following:
- It equips an employee with the required tools and knowledge, to better prioritise their time and meet deadlines;
- Good time management results in more efficient working practices;
- Teamwork is more efficient, when tasks are prioritised and effectively distributed, with an emphasis on achieving deadlines;
- It is in a modular format, enabling the learner to study at their own pace, on any internet-enabled device;
- Upon successful completion of the course, the employee will receive an industry-recognised certificate.
- To learn why you should use time management skills
- To learn about the skills you need to learn for effective time management
- To learn how to manage yourself
- To learn how to define your objectives/goals
- To learn the importance of planning and scheduling
- To learn how to schedule different types of tasks
- To learn which tasks should be scheduled before others
- To learn about scheduling discretionary time
- To learn how to invest in yourself
- To learn more about working with a mentor
- To understand how to make something a habit
- To learn about different work styles
- To learn why managers do not delegate
- To understand when it is time to delegate
- To learn about how to choose a person to delegate to
- To learn the proper steps of delegation
- To learn about improving time management as a skill
- To understand the importance of assessing time management skills
- To learn how to assess your time management skills
- To understand how to use self-assessments to improve your time management skills
Who can take the Time and Priority Management at Work Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Time and Priority Management at Work Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.