The Reception Workstation
The most important area of any office, regardless of industry, is the reception area. A poorly designed space can impact everything from staff productivity to how your customers view your company. Cluttered, disorganised and unwelcoming places can deter your clients from returning, which ultimately affects your bottom line. Learning more about why your reception area should be a major focal point for your business, as well as what you can do to make it a better place, can go a long way to attracting and retaining more customers.
This course goes over everything you need to know about setting up a new reception area or revamping your existing one. We begin by talking about the importance of the role your receptionist plays in your workplace. Next, we talk about every element of your reception area in detail, letting you know why they are so crucial and what can be done to improve each one. At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to create a high-impact, efficient workstation.
You Will Learn:
- How a well-designed reception area ensures your customers always have a positive first impression
- The kind of atmosphere you should try to create throughout your reception area
- How to promote productivity within your organisation
- The specific points you need to consider when designing a reception area
- Why you should focus on hiring a well-trained receptionist
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Get a step-by-step guide on creating a well-designed reception space
- Learn how to properly furnish your reception area
- If you work in office administration, learn how you can use your workspace to improve the overall working environment
- If you work in management, learn tips and tricks you can use to develop a better reception area
- If you are an office manager or in HR, understand the personality traits and professional skills you should look for when hiring a receptionist
Who can take the Reception Workstation Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Reception Workstation Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.