The Purpose of Advertising
Learning the purpose of advertising is essential for anybody looking to improve their understanding of advertising and how to use it to effectively improve their brand. While many brands use advertising, few truly understand the purpose and often get it wrong.
This course provides an effective guide to the strategic purposes of advertising, such as targeted communication of information, brand awareness and using advertising as a public relations tool.
From how to educate and change public perception through advertising, to how to challenge competitors and gain maximum brand exposure, this course covers everything you need to know about the true purpose of advertising.
You Will Learn
- How to use advertising to communicate information and create awareness
- How to create a brand image and build your brand through advertising
- How to educate your market and change their perception through targeted messaging
- How to successfully challenge your competitors without damaging your brand
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will increase your brand awareness and interaction across platforms
- You will establish a credible and trustworthy brand by advertising effectively
- You will increase sales and maximise profits
- You will avoid wasting time and money on ineffective advertising campaigns
Who can take the Purpose of Advertising Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Purpose of Advertising Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.