The National Minimum Wage Certification
The National Minimum Wage ensures that UK workers receive a fair wage. If you are an employer, you must pay your workers this wage or else face severe penalties. However, the National Minimum Wage varies between age and occupation groups, and calculating it is not always easy.
In this course, you will learn what the National Minimum Wage is, how much you need to pay your staff, and how to ensure that you keep appropriate records of your payroll activities.
You Will Learn:
- The current National Minimum Wage figures
- Who is and is not entitled to the National Minimum Wage
- The rules governing the National Minimum Wage for apprentices
- The consequences you may face if you fail to pay your employees appropriately
- How to calculate the National Minimum Wage when your staff work irregular hours or work under complex arrangements
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course will help you avoid penalties imposed by HMRC by paying all your staff the correct wage
- If you are responsible for maintaining a payroll at work, this course will help you check that employees are being paid fairly
- If you are a worker, this course will give you the knowledge you need to make sure you are receiving the right wage
- If you have a general interest in employment law, this course will provide you with an insight into a key topic in this field
Who can take the National Minimum Wage Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the National Minimum Wage Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.