The Human Element of Fraud Certification
Fraud can occur in any sector and it is important that employers and workers alike understand the technicalities and practical implications involved. However, most people overlook the human element of fraudulent activity, despite the fact that the psychology of fraud can help us prevent it happening in the first place.
In this course, you will learn why some people commit fraud, how they rationalise their own actions and the motives underpinning criminal activity in general.
What You Will Learn:
- The traits and characteristics of individuals most likely to commit fraud
- Six reasons people commit fraud and why otherwise law-abiding citizens may become fraudsters
- The six primary motives that drive people to commit crime
- The six most common rationales behind a decision to commit fraud, including the belief that “everyone else does it”
- How the Fraud Triangle helps law enforcement investigate fraud, and how the work of Freud can help you gain insight into the psychology of fraud
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- This course will help you ascertain the relative risk of fraud occurring within your organisation
- Understanding why some people feel compelled to commit fraud can help you reduce the risk, for example by redesigning the working environment or work processes
- If you have been defrauded by someone you never suspected would commit such a crime, this course may help you identify their motives
- If you have an interest in forensic psychology, you will benefit from this insight into the motives underpinning criminal activity
Who can take the Human Element of Fraud Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Human Element of Fraud Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.