The Dangers of Texting While Walking Certification
The implications that texting while walking may cause are often overlooked; we all know the dangers of texting and driving but we need to be aware that texting and walking can be just as harmful. Accidents and other problems caused by texting and walking are becoming increasingly more common, particularly because we tend to lose awareness of our surroundings and are not as alert as we should be.
In this course, we will be looking at both the readily apparent as well as the hidden dangers most commonly associated with texting while walking. Some of the items we will be discussing include our increased vulnerability to accidents, the physical effects of texting while walking, the impact texting and walking has on our social skills and how texting while walking makes us easy targets for attack.
You Will Learn:
- Why texting while walking is dangerous and what some of the most commonly associated dangers are
- How texting while walking makes us more vulnerable to accidents, particularly on the street
- The effect that texting while walking has on us physically, including on our posture, balance and walking style
- How texting while walking impacts on our social skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others – and how we can prevent this
- How texting while walking makes us more likely to be targeted for crime
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will gain insight into the many dangers of texting while walking
- You will learn how texting while walking increases our vulnerability to accidents and attacks, the physical effects texting while walking has on us and how our social skills may be impacted
- Your knowledge of these dangers will allow you to take preventative measures and avoid some of the risks associated with texting while walking
- Your knowledge will encourage you to think twice before taking your phone out on the street
Who can take the Dangers of Texting While Walking Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Dangers of Texting While Walking Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.