The Basics of Critical Thinking Certification
One of the most important skills you can develop is your ability to think critically. Critical thinking can help you in your personal life or at work. It aids in problem-solving, giving you the tools you need to carefully analyse and evaluate a situation to devise an action plan. Developing these kinds of skills involves learning more about critical thinking, and then putting that knowledge into practice.
This course goes into detail about the critical thought process and how you can apply it to your life. It begins by giving you the tools you need to get started, including a discussion of the identification of central problems. Next, we move on to talking about the specific skills you need if you are to perfect your ability to think critically. Next, we go through the critical thought process step by step, so you know exactly how to put your critical thinking skills into practice.
Finally, we review a few common mistakes people tend to make when going through the critical thought process.
You Will Learn:
- How to use the “five whys” technique to determine the underlying issue
- The importance of being able to analyse a problem, and why you need to do so from multiple perspectives
- The five critical thinking skills you need to develop
- The six steps to critical thinking
- The importance of evaluating your outcome
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Being able to quickly and effectively solve problems in multiple settings, including at work and in your personal life
- Learning how to make decisions you can feel confident about in less time
- Understanding how to apply different perspectives to your problem-solving and decision-making process
- Understanding the benefit of gathering information from reputable sources
- Learning the common pitfalls of critical thinking and how to avoid them
Who can take the Basics of Critical Thinking Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Basics of Critical Thinking Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.