Termination of Employment Certification
Terminating employment is an unfortunate part of any manager’s job. While you may strive to only recruit the best staff, the reality is that not everyone is a good fit for your company or its needs. After you go through disciplinary measures and put staff through coaching, there is a point where you simply need to move on.
This is a very difficult task job, one that many managers actively avoid, which can put a strain on the rest of the office. Learning about the legal and practical aspects of employee termination can help make the process easier.
This course goes into detail about each aspect of employee termination. It begins by giving you a brief overview of the legal aspects that you need to keep in mind, when considering termination of employment.
Next, it covers the financial implications of dismissing an employee, helping you understand the costs involved.
The level of involvement that your human resources department should have is also discussed in detail.
Finally, we review the more practical aspects of termination of employment, giving you the tools that you need, in order to have that conversation.
You will Learn:
- The reasons for fair dismissal
- Information regarding required notice periods, including statutory and contractual ones
- The steps that your human resources department needs to take, before you can terminate employment
- Why there is paperwork required, and what you should prepare before your meeting
- How to tell a staff member that they have been dismissed
- Who should be with you in that meeting
Benefits of taking this Course:
- Understanding the difference between fair and unfair dismissal
- Learning what constructive dismissal is, so you can avoid it, where possible
- Understanding why you may wish to offer dismissed employees extra pay or extended benefits
- When you should contact security, in order to escort a dismissed employee off the premises
- How to inform the remaining staff of the change in personnel
Who can take the Termination of Employment Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Termination of Employment Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP TRAIN YOUR STAFF
Complete the short form below and one of our advisors will be in touch to tell you how your staff can have access to all of our courses for a low monthly fee.
Learn with Confidence
We work in association with industry experts including:
As featured in: