Phonics is one of the most important building blocks in a child’s English education, and it’s essential for teachers to be well-versed in it. In this course, you will be introduced to phonics and how you can effectively teach it. There are so many different approaches to phonics, as well as different ways that teachers can tackle challenges that they are faced with. In this course, you have the chance to learn about the details of phonics and the many ways that it is taught.
Throughout the four modules, your course will take you through the UK’s research and testing standards. This is an essential element of any teacher’s skill set, and the Teaching Phonics course aims to provide you with a well-rounded set of abilities. Phonics may seem simple to the native English speaker, but it’s actually full of challenging ideas for young learners and new English speakers to grasp. This course will give you the tools to teach phonics to anyone, no matter what their skill level.
You Will Learn:
- What phonics is and how you can effectively teach it
- The different types of phonics lessons and what they focus on
- The different phases of phonics education and the ways they are evaluated
- The challenges that you may encounter when you’re teaching phonics
- How to use confidence and unique approaches to help struggling students
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will understand the important aspects of phonics education in the UK
- You will gain valuable information about the proven approaches to phonics
- You will become confident in your teaching skills and use the right approaches for each situation
- You have the opportunity to test your knowledge and gain a sense of the challenges you may encounter
Who can take the Teaching Phonics Level 2 Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Teaching Phonics Level 2 Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3.0 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.