Tackling Sensitive Workplace Conversations Certification
An inescapable and unavoidable part of managing any workplace or leading any team is dealing with difficult situations.
Having sensitive workplace conversations with anyone, regardless of their position or the purpose of the talk, is not something that anyone looks forward to. Unfortunately, failing to have these critical conversations can backfire, leading to tense situations, repeated mistakes and increased workplace drama.
Having conversations regarding sensitive topics is just as important to keeping your workplace running smoothly as paying the bills and hiring skilled staff members.
This course goes into detail about sensitive workplace conversations, recognising how hard they are to have and how stressful they can make you feel beforehand.
We begin by discussing four specific issues that often arise in workplaces, along with a few suggestions on how to start these conversations.
Next, we give you the information that you need, to adequately prepare for these conversations and explain why you should never discuss a sensitive topic without preparation.
Finally, we discuss the best locations in your office to host these types of conversations and explain why you should focus on privacy.
You Will Learn:
- Information regarding the four most common sensitive topics
- Tips on how to broach these topics, along with examples
- Why you need to prepare for these conversations in advance
- Preparation tips and cautionary advice on how to make these conversations more effective
- Where you should have sensitive conversations to ensure privacy
Benefits of Taking this Course
- Learning how to effectively manage your staff with less stress
- Learning the tools that you need to handle sensitive conversations on all topics
- Understanding the importance of listening, when having these talks
- Understanding the importance of timing, when having these conversations
- Learning who you should follow up with after your sensitive conversation
Who can take the Tackling Sensitive Workplace Conversations Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Tackling Sensitive Workplace Conversations Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.