This course will teach you the importance of establishing and running a sustainable business. This is a business that is committed to safeguarding the environment, improving the lives of people and communities, and uses good corporate governance to ensure just wages for all and the involvement in company management by all employees.
You will understand the role that your company can play in creating a better world by developing a sustainable business, and become familiar with the types of planning, strategies and implementation required to develop a sustainable business.
What You Will Learn:
- What a sustainable business is and how to develop one
- What ESG metrics are and how important they are for planning a sustainable business
- How to implement training programmes to motivate staff to think and plan sustainably
- How different industries are working to become sustainable
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- Gain valuable skills that you can utilise to develop a sustainable business
- You can offer guidance and advice to colleagues about the requirements for your company to become sustainable
- You will become aware of the triple bottom line and its significance in running a successful sustainable business
- You can bring a broader spectrum of proficiency into your organisation, including being able to bring valuable training programmes into the work situation to train new employees in sustainability planning
- You can empower yourself and others and will be able to implement valuable changes to help your company to move towards sustainability
- What sustainability means in business terms
- The importance of sustainability in business
- The business models that need to be implemented to make the change to sustainable business
- The questions to ask when preparing to implement your sustainable business model
- The principles of industrial ecology
- The sustainability models and practices for tourism, finance, health care, agriculture, manufacturing and small business
Who can take the Sustainable Business Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Sustainable Business Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.