Stroke Awareness Certification
Stroke is a deadly disease.
It is the third leading cause of death in women and ranked fifth as a major cause of death in men. Every year, more than 15 million people worldwide suffer a stroke and about 5.8 million people die due to an attack or resulting complications.
Anyone can be at a risk of this killer disease, making it important to create stroke awareness. This course has been designed to help create stroke awareness. We first define stroke and explain how it occurs.
Next, we discuss various types of stroke and the causes of each type.
Stroke risk factors, complications, or effects of an attack and ways of prevention have also been covered in the course.
We also state the various benefits of stroke awareness.
Whether you have suffered a stroke attack before, seen someone have an attack or have no idea what it is all about, you will find this course helpful.
It is written in simple language so you can easily understand the concepts under discussion.
You Will Learn
- What stroke is and how it occurs
- Types of stroke and how they occur
- Causes of the different types of stroke
- Risk factors to developing stroke
- Stroke complications and prevention
- The essence of stroke awareness
Benefits of Taking the Course
Taking this course will help you learn:
- Everything you need to know about stroke – its causes, signs and complications, risk factors and prevention
- The essence of developing healthy eating habits
- The need to live an active lifestyle
- The need to reduce the risk of developing stroke
- How to prevent stroke
- How to prevent heart attack
- About stroke to save lives
- How to tell if you are having an attack or are at risk of stroke
- How to tell if someone around you is having an attack or is at risk of stroke
Who can take the Stroke Awareness Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Stroke Awareness Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.