Strategic Planning/Mission Statement
Mission statements are important aspects of businesses, especially start-ups. They describe many elements of businesses, including why they are in operation. Strategic planning also goes hand in hand with the creation and delivery of mission statements. It guides businesses and their operations in many ways. It can be the link between a business and its success.
This course has been tailored to introduce mission statements and strategic planning and their roles in businesses. First, we explain the phrase “mission statement” and give a detailed description of what it is. The course also defines a strategic plan and states the main components of mission statements to help better understand the concept.
Next, we briefly describe how to create a mission statement and provide a sample statement to better understand the idea under exploration. We also explain how a business can create a good strategic plan to aid in the realisation of its mission statement. The course also explains the link between a strategic plan and mission statements.
We also discuss what happens when a strategic plan fails or a business is unable to realise its mission statement either wholly or in part. Different terms related to strategic planning such as mission, vision and values have also been differentiated. Finally, we cover the benefits of strategic planning and mission statements in any business.
You Will Learn:
- The definition of strategic planning and mission statements
- What a mission plan or strategic planning entails
- The difference between a strategic plan and a mission statement
- The main components of a mission statement and how to create one
- How to create a mission statement and a strategic plan
- The relationship between a strategic plan and mission statements
- What happens in case a mission statement or strategic plan fails
- The differences between various terms such as mission, vision, strategy, values and a balanced scorecard
- The benefits of strategic planning and writing mission statements
Benefits of Taking the Course
Taking the course will help you:
- Understand mission statements and strategic planning
- Understand the essence of the two in business operations
- Learn to develop your own mission statements and strategic plans
- Learn what to do in case an existing company mission fails
- Prepare to run your business venture in the future
- Develop an interest in taking up a business course or career along those lines
Who can take the Strategic Planning / Mission Statement Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Strategic Planning / Mission Statement Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.