Sports Science and Therapy
Learning about sports science and therapy is an essential guide to the world of sports science and what it takes to excel as a sports therapist, whether you’re simply curious about the concept or have decided to study it full time.
It is an ideal course for those who are interested in gaining general insight into sports science and for those who are looking to get that ‘foot in the door’ to the job they’re applying for!
This course covers everything you need to know about sports science, including the energy usage, brain function and metabolic changes involved in sports physiology and the clinical and educational approaches to sports psychology.
From the biomechanical and orthopaedic concepts of sports kinesiology, to sports biochemistry and expert advice for sports nutrition, this course includes all the essential information.
You Will Learn
- Sports physiology concepts, including energy usage, brain function and metabolic changes
- Sports psychology principles, including both educational and clinical coaching techniques
- Sports kinesiology, including the most relevant expert biometric and orthopaedic principles used in today’s industry
- The biochemistry of sports including the nutrients required for specific sports and the most effective exercise routines
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Take the first step to your sports science career
- Improve your understanding of sports science and therapy as a concept
- Become healthier by improving your fitness and nutrition
- Have greater clarity as to which sports science field you want to study
Who can take the Sports Science and Therapy Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Sports Science and Therapy Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.