Sales Talk - Understanding the Jargon Certification
Every industry has its own jargon, and sales is no exception. To an outsider, or those new to working in sales, these terms are often confusing. Furthermore, there are often unspoken rules – for example, rules governing when you should and should not use sales jargon – that can take a while to figure out.
In this course, you will learn not only what sales jargon means, but how sales people use it and when. You will learn how jargon is used to convey sales messages in everyday situations and what happens when it is used inappropriately.
You Will Learn:
- Why everyone who works in sales, or works alongside salespeople, should familiarise themselves with sales jargon
- How sales talk works and the different types of selling approaches in common use
- The purpose of sales jargon and how it can help a salesperson emphasise a message or build rapport with a customer
- Fifteen pieces of sales jargon that you need to learn
- When you should not use sales jargon and the seven words and phrases you should never use
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are embarking on a career in sales, this course will help you by outlining what the most common pieces of jargon mean
- If you work with salespeople, this course will help you understand the terms they use
- This course will teach you how to use sales jargon in a way that does not alienate or confuse customers, thereby increasing your chance of making a sale
- If you have a general interest in marketing or sales, this course will provide you with an insight into the selling process
Who can take the Sales Talk – Understanding Jargon Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Sales Talk – Understanding Jargon Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.