Safeguarding for Students
Learning about safeguarding for students is potentially life-saving information that all students should understand, whether they’re in school, college, university or training within a company. There are certain responsibilities and rights that students have, to ensure their personal safety, and we cover all of them in this concise and informative course.
We take an in-depth look at the reasons for safeguarding, the legislation that exists and the rights of students to be kept safe, including the precise laws and the key players involved in them.
We also provide a detailed guide to staying safe at all types of educational facilities, including tips, strategies and recourse to take when safety is breached.
Finally, we devote an entire module to one of the most important safety issues facing students: digital safeguarding. In this module, we provide a detailed guide to online safeguarding and other digital safety aspects and teach you everything you need to stay safe in the ever-increasingly dangerous digital environment.
What You Will Learn:
- The reasons why safeguarding is necessary for students and the legislation involved
- What students need, to stay safe, the institutions and key players involved and the recourse that students have available
- A complete guide to staying safe as a student, including important safeguarding tips
- How to stay safe in the digital environment, including a complete online safety guide
The Benefits of This Course:
- You will protect yourself and those around you, potentially saving lives in the process
- You will understand your rights as a student and raise important issues
- You will recognise warning signs and stay safe by avoiding them
- You will avoid choosing risky and dangerous educational facilities that don’t prioritise safeguarding
Who can take the Safeguarding for Students Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Safeguarding for Students Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.