Risk Assessment in the Workplace Certification
Every year, thousands of people are injured at work. Many of these injuries are preventable. The key to a safe workplace is continuous, comprehensive risk management. Risk assessment is a framework and method that enables employers to spot hazards and reduce the risk of harm to everyone in the environment.
This course will introduce you to the laws governing the identification and management of hazards and risks in the workplace. You will learn about the role of employers and employees in maintaining a safe environment, the steps involved in conducting an assessment and how to prevent common workplace accidents.
You Will Learn:
- What an employer must do when carrying out a risk assessment
- How and when employers must consult their employees when undertaking a risk assessment
- Which groups of workers are particularly vulnerable to accidents and injuries in the workplace
- How workplace inspections can facilitate risk management, and who is responsible for carrying out these inspections
- The eight strategies employers can use to prevent slips, trips and falls
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law
- If you are a worker, this course will improve your awareness of risks in the workplace and encourage you to use safe working practices
- If you are responsible for carrying out risk assessments at work, this course will help you identify hazards and evaluate risk
- If you are a worker representative, this course will provide you with a useful overview of how and when employers must consult workers with regards to health and safety
Who can take the Risk Assessment in Workplace Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Risk Assessment in Workplace Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.0 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.