Whatever your industry, good research skills are essential if you want to uncover reliable information and form your own opinion on a topic.
In this course, you will learn the basic steps that you need to take when researching a question or general area of interest.
You Will Learn:
- Why it is important to clarify your research question early on
- The difference between primary and secondary sources
- How to find reliable, well-informed sources of information
- How to take notes that will help you organise your thoughts
- How to avoid plagiarism
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you need to put together a report or white paper at work and need to develop your knowledge of a topic, this course will help you
- If you are a student or embarking on any kind of further learning, this course will help you discern reliable sources from unreliable sources
- It will improve your critical thinking skills, which, in turn, will help you appraise information that you come across in both your personal life and your professional life
If you are a parent, this course will help you support your children in completing research-based homework projects.
Who can take the Researching Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Researching Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.