Remote Worker & Business Travel Security Certification
Now, more than ever, employees are working outside of the office. Whether they are keeping in touch while on the road or working from home, nearly 1.5 million UK residents consider themselves remote workers. By 2020, this figure is expected to rise to represent 50 percent of the workforce. With this change in work structure comes new and unique security and data protection challenges. Employers and employees alike need to be able to identify potential security risks and find ways to mitigate them.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to remote worker and business travel security. It begins by introducing you to the topic and discussing the benefits to both businesses and employees of this type of arrangement. Next, the course covers the security risks present for at-home remote workers, along with suggestions on how to keep your data safe. The risks associated with working while travelling on business are also covered. Finally, we talk about the security measures all companies should take to keep their data protected, including the importance of backups.
You Will Learn:
- The prevalence of remote work and working while travelling abroad
- Risks associated with remote working in an at-home or social environment
- Risks associated with working remotely while travelling for business
- Important security measures all companies need to take
- The importance of regular backups
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about working remotely, including its many benefits
- Gaining insight into the risks that this type of working arrangement presents to those who primarily work at home
- Understanding the risks remote working can have for those who stay in touch with the office while travelling for business
- Understanding the three important security measures your company needs to put into place to protect your data
- Know the best ways to keep your information safe
Who can take the Remote Worker & Business Travel Security Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Remote Worker & Business Travel Security Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.