Recruitment Consultant Certification
This course will be perfect for staff members who are looking to broaden their skills in recruitment consultancy. The recruitment industry has boomed in recent years, in part due to the rapidly changing job market, the skills shortage in some industries and the propensity of millennials to frequently change jobs.
In addition, in-house human resources departments have tended to outsource the time-consuming and labour-intensive process of screening job applicants, entrusting this process to a recruitment consultant. Hence, there is a need for trained and resourceful people to fill this gap.
What’s Covered in the Course?
On this course, team members will study a total of 11 modules, covering the following topics:
- Introduction to recruitment: the history, importance and implications involved;
- Sales and selling within the recruitment industry: learn essential selling skills, in order to help secure new clients and build a client database;
- Recruitment bodies and standards: identify what the consultant needs to know and what standards they must adhere to, when working within the recruitment industry;
- The recruitment process: gain an understanding of the process involved, so as to be able to effectively manage it;
- Identify the key performance indicators for the recruitment industry;
- How to attract top candidates for available positions;
- What the consultant needs to do, in order to attract new clients, to build up their database;
- Information and skills to help the consultant with candidate management;
- Effective candidate interviewing skills.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Equip employees in the HR Department with the required tools and skills, to successfully recruit and retain staff;
- Gain the knowledge and skills that employees need, in order to attract top candidates and clients;
- Acquire essential knowledge about the various recruitment bodies and the standards that must be adhered to;
- The convenience of studying anywhere, at any time, and on any online device, by simply logging into the course from a PC, tablet or smartphone;
- A 30-minute multiple choice test at the end of the course, with the pass rate set at 70% and an opportunity to retake the test, if necessary.
- Importance of hiring good employees
- Negative effects of not being able to find the right candidates
- Function and uses of hiring recruitment consultants
- Benefits of hiring recruitment consultants for job seekers
- Sales and selling techniques for the recruiting sector
- Selling techniques, ideas and tips
- How to gain access to the preferred list
- What information to research before making sales calls
- Understanding the need to have regulations and prescribed codes of conduct
- Objectives of implementing a code of ethics
- Reforms and Laws that have Shaped the Face of the Recruitment Industry
- APSCo; history, aims and objectives
- What is the need for a recruitment process and what it involves
- Navigating and understanding the recruitment cycle
- Client acquisition, recruitment strategy, candidate attraction and management
- Importance of having a recruitment process
- Defining and explaining the concept of key performance indicators
- Why Key Performance Indicators are Important to Success
- Benefits of Key Performance Indicators
- Characteristics of High Quality Key Performance Indicators
- Definition of candidate attraction
- How to create job postings
- Advertising job posts
- Common mistakes associated with job postings
- Components of candidate management
- Screening of CVs for candidate selection
- Strategies in selection of the best CVs
- Managing online applicant tracking systems
- Importance and objectives of interviews
- Steps for Interview planning
- Phone Interview tips and techniques
- How to conduct panel interviews and why they are a better choice
- Understanding the importance of client acquisition
- Identifying the right clients for your firm
- Tips for effective client acquisition
- Identifying the Right Person to Approach in a Client Organisation
- Understanding the need for client strategy
- Planning client strategy
- Client Strategy guidelines
- Building client strategy through client management
- Advantages of starting a recruiting consultancy in the UK
- Tips to start your own recruitment business
- Important attributes of a successful recruitment entrepreneur
- Common mistakes made by new recruitment consultants
Who can take the Recruitment Consultant Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 11 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 11 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 11 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Recruitment Consultant Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.