Rational Decision Making Certification
Every day, we make hundreds of decisions. For the most part, the outcomes are inconsequential. However, some decisions have significant, long-term ramifications.
Therefore, we need to understand how to make good choices. In this course, you will learn about the common pitfalls that you need to avoid when making decisions. You will discover how to use a rational decision-making process that will allow you to resolve problems in both your professional life and your personal life.
You Will Learn:
- Why rational decision making is an important topic, and why humans often behave in an irrational manner
- How to use a rational decision making model to devise and implement the best solution for your needs
- The limitations of the rational decision making model and their implications
- The role of ethical considerations in rational decision making
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- It will allow you to work alone or with others to make better decisions at work, which will improve your performance and career prospects
- It will give you the background information that you need to lead a team through a decision making process; thus, strengthening your credibility as a leader
- If you have a general interest in psychology, you will benefit from this introduction to the mechanics of decision making
- Understanding how people make choices will empower you to question others’ decisions if you are uncertain how or why they arrived at their final decision
Who can take the Rational Decision Making Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Rational Decision Making Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.