Public Speaking Certification
One of the most feared tasks by employees at all levels in every kind of business is having to speak in public. The employee might be exceptional at their job and have all the information required, but the act of presenting in front of an audience can reduce them to a bag of nerves.
Nobody is able to deliver an effective presentation, if they are not equipped to deal with the emotional trauma of public speaking. The employee is representing the business, so it is important that they are prepared and have the required skills and tools.
It may be that the person never overcomes the fear of public speaking, but this course is designed to provide the employee with the confidence and capability to be able to present.
The course is beneficial to anyone in your organisation who needs to improve their public speaking skills, in order to better represent the business.
What’s Covered in the Course?
Employees undertaking this course can expect to cover the following:
- The most effective ways in which to prepare emotionally and practically, in order to deliver a good presentation;
- Identification of the methods that enhance the credibility, authority and appeal of the speaker during public speaking events;
Tools and techniques that enable preparation and planning, in order to improve the quality of a public presentation, to better engage the audience;
- How to use the voice and the body, in order to make an authentic connection with the audience during a presentation;
- The best ways in which to open and close a presentation, in order to optimise the effectiveness of the material being presented;
- The psychological techniques that enable a speaker to relax and how that influences the audience;
- The best techniques and tips for preparing and presenting presentation materials and visual aids that are suitable to the audience for whom the presentation is intended.
What are the Benefits of the Course?
Here are just some of the many benefits that you can expect from this course:
- The employee gains confidence in their own ability to perform in public, resulting in better and more engaging presentations;
- Through better presentations, there is a better response to the material and, therefore, a greater likelihood of achieving the presentation’s goal;
- The employee gains a valuable professional and personal skill that benefits the business;
- The course can be studied in the learner’s own time, via an internet connection;
- Course materials will be available to the employee indefinitely.
- Understand what it takes to prepare a great speech
- Establish the importance of personal credibility and integrity as a public speaker
- Know how you can generate ideas and topics for an upcoming presentation
- Investigate the importance of storyboards in speech preparation and delivery
- Investigate the tenets of successful speech delivery
- Understand the importance of saying yes to the microphone
- Establish the best practice when opening a speech
- Pinpoint the mistakes to avoid when opening, delivering and closing a speech
- Uncover why so many people are afraid of speaking and learn practical steps to reduce anxiety
- Understand how and why to gather feedback or data from a variety of speaking opportunities
- Learn methods to improve the effectiveness of rehearsals and comprehend why they are so crucial
- Develop confidence in personal, emotional mastery and apply it to the speech preparation process
- Learn how to build up your vocal variety
- Identify what type of speech delivery technique works for you
- Prevent common mistakes in speech preparation and delivery
- Understand how to communicate with clarity and colour
- Learn how to prepare for a speech with very short notice, or none at all
- Analyse and implement the SMART speech preparation steps and process
- Understand the benefits of presentation enhancement and how to make it work for you
- Know how and why you need to review your speech and what happens if you do not
Who can take the Public Speaking Certification course?There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although students are free to spend as much or as little time as they feel necessary on each module.
Where / when can the course be studied?The course can be studied study at any time and from any internet connected device
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if a user fails the test?If the user doesn’t pass the test first time they will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times a test can be taken.
How long does it take to complete the Public Speaking Certification course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.